Can this mod be done on this pedal?

flavaham

I really like the demos I've seen for the MXR M225 Submachine.

http://proguitarshop.com/mxr-m225-sub-machine.html

I'd like to mod it so that I can use an expression pedal for the Sub knob. This way I can have it as a straight fuzz, add the octave up with the right switch and control the sub octave with the expression pedal. I think there's a lot of stuff that I could do with it if I could control it like this.

I'm not really good on mods so can anyone tell me if 1. This can/can't be done to this pedal and 2. How involved it is. I can solder a little but I don't want to totally botch it.

Thanks!

silverburstlp

Super Locrian

Basically you want to connect a 2nd set of wires to the pot wou want expression control over, and connect those wires to a stereo jack. It can be done with most pedals as long as you find the right pot value for the expression pedal and there is room for a new jack in your pedal.

flavaham

Basically you want to connect a 2nd set of wires to the pot wou want expression control over, and connect those wires to a stereo jack. It can be done with most pedals as long as you find the right pot value for the expression pedal and there is room for a new jack in your pedal.

flavaham

That sounds pretty simple. I'm gonna look into this further. I really like the idea of this kind of flexibility with the pedal.

Thanks!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom