Can This Type of Routing Be Done?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Last Nerve, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Okay..here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
    -running stereo with two amps,
    -ability to switch back and forth between the amps
    -ability to use ping/pong delay

I can't figure out how this can be done.
    I'd have a mono signal coming out of the guitar, into the board, through a few pedals, then split in stereo with a Nova Delay (and one step before that with the Nova Modulator soon).

This would split the signal to stereo and therefore allow ping/pong delay, but how would then be able to turn each side (amp) off?

Is a custom looper the only way or does someone make something that would work?

2. Last Nerve

Maybe the signal needs to be split BEFORE the Nova Delay, with an A/B /Y box? And then swap back and forth from there?

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

It seems to me what you're doing is turning the signal to either amp on or off. That can certainly be done after the Nova pedals and the most straight forward would be to use a DOD AB box (not the ABY box) on each of the outputs from the Nova Delay. They're the small hammond boxes, so you can hit both switches with one foot if you need to (for instance if one amp is on and you want to turn the other on and the first off). Of course, a midi programmed router would do it more elegantly but cost a lot more and take up a lot more space...

4. triple_vee

triple_vee Senior Member

that sounds like it would work.

5. RickB

RickB Member

Not sure I understand this. Your amp is going to feed INTO the pedal board? :confused:

6. Last Nerve

7. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

yeh too a/b boxes after the nova.

AJ

8. RickB

RickB Member

Not to mention that if you have the Nova set to ping pong or pan and then kill one of the outputs with an A/B box of some sort, you are only going to be getting that one side of the delay through the non-bypassed amp unless you change presets on the Nova back to one of the mono delays. You should experiment with your Nova now with the one amp by plugging a cable into the stereo (second output) to see how having a cable in there affects the Nova's operation when you are running it through just the one output.