• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Can this Zendrive pedal be an original Hermida unit?

Fredmojo

Hello
I just bought this pedal on Reverb thinking it was an original Hermida unit, link below, but after checking the pics again I realized the LED is located higher than it should be.
The plastic ring around the switch and black bevel around the LRD are good signs, but I don t find any pics of original Zendrive with the LEDs in this position.
Can anybody help?
https://reverb.com/item/39747594-he...-distortion-silver-black-sings?show_sold=true

Pazz

Well first let me say that I have no idea if yours is an original ZD. I cannot vouch for manufacturer’s variations in production.
I will say that I’m the original owner of an Alf built ZD. The LED is in the lower of the two “dots” in the YinYang symbol. Also, my YinYang symbol is larger so that the words Tone and Voice overlap it.
Again, that might not mean anything. It’s just different from mine. Of course it might mean everything.

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member

Big in Japan

Silver Supporting Member
That is a Lovepedal production Zendrive. The Lovepedal versions say Hermida Audio USA on the enclosure. The original Hermida runs don't have that.

All RF Zendrives are hard to get right now, regardless of who made them. How do you like it?

Pazz

That is a Lovepedal production Zendrive. The Lovepedal versions say Hermida Audio USA on the enclosure. The original Hermida runs don't have that.

All RF Zendrives are hard to get right now, regardless of who made them. How do you like it?
Mine is an original, purchased directly from Alf. Mine says Hermida Audio USA on it. So that’s not a distinguishing factor.
Not to start a fight, but your statement is inaccurate. (Though I’m sure, well intentioned!)

Big in Japan

Silver Supporting Member
Mine is an original, purchased directly from Alf. Mine says Hermida Audio USA on it. So that’s not a distinguishing factor.
Not to start a fight, but your statement is inaccurate. (Though I’m sure, well intentioned!)

Receiving correction is never a bad thing.

Vishnu

That's an ALF pedal Bro :)

Oh wait a mo........the LED is in the wrong place though....

Vishnu

To be fair the ad does not state original Alf but the super rare blurb is a bit misleading

Tele-Vision

Silver Supporting Member
Very first lovepedal production. Alf never built pedals w that LED.
It’s not one of the very first LP run. The first LP run had a sort of weave pattern in the gray top. And the top was less gray and more off white. They were really nice pedals. Different enclosure than what’s pictured. The original enclosures were heavier and more rugged too.

Last edited:

evm10m

It’s not one of the very first LP run. The first LP run had a sort of weave pattern in the gray top. And the top was less gray and more off white. They were really nice pedals. Different enclosure than what’s pictured. The original enclosures were heavier and more rugged too.

Maybe the run after that one then but for sure a lovepedal

Tele-Vision

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe the run after that one then but for sure a lovepedal
The ones that were released and later referred to as the RF looked like that one. They were called the “old school build” blah blah blah. They were just pedals. And no where near as nice as their first run. They still sound good. Just not AS good. And the enclosure is flimsy by comparison.

evm10m

The ones that were released and later referred to as the RF looked like that one. They were called the “old school build” blah blah blah. They were just pedals. And no where near as nice as their first run. They still sound good. Just not AS good. And the enclosure is flimsy by comparison.

My Zen is a 2005 i think built by Alf. It has a cream board and the top is a paper sticker that its mostly gone now. Even the holes for the pots on the enclosure are not evenly apart. Definitely one of the first ones he made

Tele-Vision

Silver Supporting Member
My Zen is a 2005 i think built by Alf. It has a cream board and the top is a paper sticker that its mostly gone now. Even the holes for the pots on the enclosure are not evenly apart. Definitely one of the first ones he made
I bought a LP Zendrive when they were first announced. The enclosure was heavy, the top of the enclosure with the graphics was more creamy, and like I said, it had like a linen look to it. It was not just the top of the enclosure painted gray. It was an amazing pedal but when I got one of the first run RF “old school build” Zens, I stupidly traded the original one I had.

Fredmojo

Dunno, I just bought it a couple of hours ago.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom