Can we all agree that the Atomic CLR is king of the FRFR...

chrisjnyc

I think we can all agree that the CLR is king of the FRFR for modelers... So what is #2??

I am basing this on tone and reliability... not on price, size, weight, etc

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
I think we can all agree that the CLR is king of the FRFR for modelers... So what is #2??

I am basing this on tone and reliability...
I guess we can agree on that, though it is not my favorite FRFR (on tone), and the one I owned had a problem right out of the box..... so, on 2nd thought, I guess I don't agree on that.

I like the Yamaha DXR10. Is it perfect? No. Is it "the best?" Probably not, but it's my favorite of the 4 I've tried with modelers.

Carry on.

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
if you really want to sniff some cork, try a meyer speaker
but you're looking at 3-4 grand
pretty sure they don't offer a neo though
hell of a lot of speaker in the atomic

brokenvail

Silver Supporting Member
if you really want to sniff some cork, try a meyer speaker
but you're looking at 3-4 grand
pretty sure they don't offer a neo though
hell of a lot of speaker in the atomic
That is a whole other level. Played through those for a few year. They are like nothing else I have every played

Imerkat

Silver Supporting Member
There is nothing we all can agree on. I like my Atomic Reactor Wedge feels like and amp. If i wanted perfect fidelity i would monitor my self through studio headphones all the time.

chrisjnyc

I think most people missed my intent for this thread... It wasn't to say the CLR is better the XYZ, I was saying the CLR is one of the best speakers for use with a modeler, and based on that assumption what would call 2nd best. What would you call 3rd best.

Again, I am not accounting for price, weight, availability, etc.

Let me me re-phrase the question:

Your band got picked to open up for a major headlining band, and you cant use an amp. The tour promoter asks what you want for your back line... What would that FRFR speaker be?

deanesque

Picking a monitor because it has better tone is like picking a mirror because it makes you look skinny.
That analogy doesn't work because the monitor is part of the tone and everyone will hear it whereas you won't be carrying a mirror around and insist everyone look at it instead of directly at you.

burningyen

That analogy doesn't work because the monitor is part of the tone and everyone will hear it whereas you won't be carrying a mirror around and insist everyone look at it instead of directly at you.
No one except me and maybe my bandmates hears my CLR. I trust it to tell me how I really sound (or more precisely, how the signal I'm sending to FOH really sounds). I don't want to be in sonic bliss onstage while my audience is getting icepicks in the ears.

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
I think most people missed my intent for this thread... It wasn't to say the CLR is better the XYZ, I was saying the CLR is one of the best speakers for use with a modeler, and based on that assumption what would call 2nd best. What would you call 3rd best.

Again, I am not accounting for price, weight, availability, etc.

Let me me re-phrase the question:

Your band got picked to open up for a major headlining band, and you cant use an amp. The tour promoter asks what you want for your back line... What would that FRFR speaker be?
meyer :beer

often used by the likes of the grateful dead, pink floyd, and even metallica. . . .

Trending Topics