Can we see some of your partscasters?

ssdeluxe

Not to derail the thread, but what's up with the black LP? I see one pickup but a selector switch? And I can't make out the name on the headstock
ha... that's my custom Brian Monty 1pu Custom. The switch idea was for unique tone filters.... but it's not hooked up...gtr is too good with just a vol. and tone .

The tele neck is also from Brian Monty.

Last edited:
TyCHqoz.jpg

Brothers. One prim and proper, the other a feral beast.

ragamuffin

Silver Supporting Member
Warmoth Roasted Swamp Ash body, stained by me
Warmoth modern C-shape neck with SS 6100 frets, Rosewood board, TUSQ XL Nut
Babicz Trem
Sperzel locking tuners
920D Loaded Pickguard - Duncan Hot/Vintage/Cool Rails, 5-way, No Load

View attachment 325031

View attachment 325032

View attachment 325033

View attachment 325034

View attachment 325036

My goal was to have a hotrod Strat to cover Jake E. Lee Badlands style playing and other hard rock and ~NWOBHM, and it does that very well. :beer
Looks great! What kind of finish did you put on the roasted ash?

pelle31

Warmoth ash body with Musikraft one piece maple neck. Wilkinson by Gotoh VSVG trem, Gotoh vintage staggered height locking tuners. The pickups are all Seymour Duncan ( Seth Lover, RWRP alnico II middle and Broadcaster bridge). Hoagland pre wired harness with 4 way slanted switch (series and parallel) 250k pots for volume and tone controlling the single coils and 500k concentric pots for the humbucker.

1650284059476.png

Motherfuzzer

Stay Negative!
Silver Supporting Member
I love the '83 strats.
The neck is an '83 with the wide nut and 12" radius.
The body came from an ebay auction. The guitar it existed as prior, was ruined by Hurricane Harvey in Texas. It sat in a pawn shop for a few years.
Tuners and bridge are from '83,
The volume pot and switch are from '82,
The tone pot is a TBX from '83,
The neck pick up is from an '82 Strat,
middle pick up is a grey bobbin from an 1982 Fullerton '57 reissue,
and the bridge is an X1 from an '82.
Pick guard is from an '83 '62 reissue,
Knobs are from an '83 Elite.
I will never play "Like a Hurricane" or "Texas Flood" on this guitar.

Rebuilt with love;
z283YmQ.jpg

...and while I was building that one, I had an idea for another one. All of the parts are hard to find, especially because I do not want to route a vintage guitar, but I wanted the space for a humbucker, and the humbucker I wanted is kinda hard to get too. Then one week, all of the parts "fell into my lap." The guitar was listed on CL - cheap, and the pickups appeared on ebay all at the same time. I bought it all, and now I have to put it together.
The body had already been routed, for a SD Pearly Gates, and was routed under the guard for some reason. It'll be hidden, but the ugly, unnecessary route did tell me that the body was Ash, I thought the '83's were all Alder.

This guitar must exist!

The pick guard is the hardest part.
Everything is from '83.
Neck and middle pickups from Elite Strat.
Mini Humbucker from neck of Elite Tele.
YT4Gl5Z.jpg

Last edited:

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member

L to R:

Fat Kirn roasted neck with SS frets, Warmoth light ash body, Budz 10K pickups. SWEET sounding guitar. Jessie Ed Davis tones.
MJT light swamp ash body, AllParts FAT neck, neck finish and neck work by me, Zhangbucker Paul Bunyan pickup. Turned out great.
Guitar Mill ash body, Musikraft fat neck with oil finish, Illusion '59 Esquire pickup. The best Esquire I have ever played, bar none.
Guitar Mill ash body, fat Musikraft neck with SS frets, Lindy Fralin pickups. Now one of my main gigging guitars.

Motherfuzzer

Stay Negative!
Silver Supporting Member

L to R:

Fat Kirn roasted neck with SS frets, Warmoth light ash body, Budz 10K pickups. SWEET sounding guitar. Jessie Ed Davis tones.
MJT light swamp ash body, AllParts FAT neck, neck finish and neck work by me, Zhangbucker Paul Bunyan pickup. Turned out great.
Guitar Mill ash body, Musikraft fat neck with oil finish, Illusion '59 Esquire pickup. The best Esquire I have ever played, bar none.
Guitar Mill ash body, fat Musikraft neck with SS frets, Lindy Fralin pickups. Now one of my main gigging guitars.
I like your white one. Looks like a Syd Barrett Esquire to me. I will build one after my two next projects are complete.

noisebloom

Here are my third and fourth partscasters.

#3 is the one I call the Coronastrat--the second guitar I put together during the pandemic. This one has a one-piece swamp ash body, a Fender Vintera 50s neck with a 7.25" radius, Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups, CTS Mojotone vintage taper 250k pots, and a Fender Pure Vintage tremolo. I think the completed weight was 6 lbs 10 oz. Of the four partscasters I've done to date, this was the most difficult one to dial in--I originally had a 0.1 uf cap, and I switched first to 0.047 and then finally to 0.022, and the pickups seem to respond best to .009-.042 strings. The pickup set is unexpectedly aggressive sounding, so I like to dial back the volume to about 5 to find a sweet spot.

tC3SWp5.jpg

#4 is the pink Charvel Frankenstrat. The neck, body, and neck plate are from a Pro-Mod So-Cal FR HH--I cherry picked everything else. The pickup is a DiMarzio Super Distortion. The pot is a Bourns 500k linear taper, with a Fender Jazz Bass knob on top. The tremolo is an Original Floyd Rose 1984 limited edition (currently with a gold EVH D-Tuna, not shown here). The Buckethead button is a Sanwa Denshi OBSF 24, and it works great. Completed right before Christmas 2021. I had a Charvel Model 2 when I was young, and this one is better in every way. I think this is better than a Charvel you might pull off a wall at your local guitar shop.

9bZpbgH.jpg

#5--an Ibanez-based Frankenstrat--is still a work in progress.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom