1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Can you identify this guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by TeleSparkleH, May 15, 2011.

1. TeleSparkleH

TeleSparkleH Member

I just bought this guitar. I know it's a Washburn telecaster (sparkle blue). No pick guard and 3 pick up. The Serial number is 9701086. I can't find any information on this guitar. Is this a rare protoype? Here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PVH5150

PVH5150 Senior Member

Pics are invisible.

3. janosfia

janosfia Member

Isn't that the new x-Box guitar?

4. mrrs

mrrs Member

I see no pics. Is this it? If so, it's a Laredo one off or prototype.

[​IMG]

5. TeleSparkleH

TeleSparkleH Member

Yes, that's the one. I will try and post the pics again. Do you have any idea of the value?

6. Ascension

Ascension Member

Limited production USA Chicago Custom designed while Grover Jackson was running Washburn USA in the mid 90's. It is a variant of the Laredo and all I have seen were built in 94 or 95 till now. The first 2 digits on Washy USA's are the date code and yours is a 97.
    Should be an absolute killer player with workmanship and material that rival the best of the boutique stuff out there. The pickups should be Duncans and the couple I have seen sell have sold in the $850 range which is much much less than a guitar of that quality should sell for.
    I currently own a bunch of those USA Grover Washys and have actually talked to Grover about some of the history on the MG series.
    Check this site out for more info.
    http://www.armleg.com/vintagewashburn/index.php?mforum=vintagewashburn

7. mrrs

mrrs Member

8. peedenmark7

peedenmark7 Member

Thought I would chime in well after the fact. I just bought that weird Laredo proto with the 2 covered tele rhythm pickups... Should be here today.
    I am hoping this to be a fine addition to my NON fender tele collection :)

9. patrick88

patrick88 Member

[​IMG]
    Never picked up a Washburn till I found this one. Great guitar! Little to no info on them.