Can you identify this tube? Help!

anewstatic

I have an old stock Phillips 12AX7 that I pulled from my Morgan amp. I bought it used, so I don't know the exact model of the tube. Wondered if any of you tube gurus could help identify it.

It reads "Philips 12AX7 GT-Britain BOA2 7025a" Some of it is rubbed off, but there's also a couple 0's and what looks like an "L."

What tube is it and what's it worth? I don't have a tube tester but it works excellent in my amp and I have a buddy with a tube tester that could test if, if I needed to.

Thanks everybody.

P.S. This tube has a halo getter, has two seams at the top and there isn't any etching near the base of the tube. There is also a "U" between the pins, on the very bottom of the tube.

trobbins

B0A2 indicates Mullard Blackburn factory, 1960, January. '00L' doesn't sound correct for a 12AX7/7025A. Couple of $ for someone who wants to swap out a failed 12AX7 tube.

anewstatic

B0A2 indicates Mullard Blackburn factory, 1960, January. '00L' doesn't sound correct for a 12AX7/7025A. Couple of $ for someone who wants to swap out a failed 12AX7 tube.
Thanks man! Well it just looks like it's "00L" the "L" is really faded so I was just guessing... What do you think it's worth as a Mullard Blackburn 1960? It's in great shape, sounds awesome in my amp, no microphonics...

Jeff West

"B0A2" as a Mullard factory/date code on 7025 will be Jan 1970 (1960 would be "B0A"- still a fine tube in '70). Are you saying it's in the same ink and location as the "Philips" branding, though? Does it say "I63" anywhere?

anewstatic

"B0A2" as a Mullard factory/date code on 7025 will be Jan 1970 (1960 would be "B0A"- still a fine tube in '70). Are you saying it's in the same ink and location as the "Philips" branding, though? Does it say "I63" anywhere?
"Philips" is stamped near the center of the tube, doesn't say Mullard anywhere... "I63" isn't anywhere on the tube.

scottl

Used Mullard short plates like this are in the $25-40 range IMO. I have gotten them for a little less, usually not more though (unless tested and guaranteed- I own a great tester so I only buy guaranteed and usually untested to save $) Even then there are plenty of tested and guaranteed sellers of used Mullards on eBay in the $40-50 range.

Trending Topics