• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Can you identify this VOX amp please?

1kidc

A guy in Nebraska is selling this but doesn't know the model. Claims to have bought it in 67... Smells fishy to me. Thoughts before I drive over 200 miles to look at it? Thanks in advance..

Roland G88

If it's a Thomas Organ built Vox that was made in America it may not be what you want. Vox made a trade deal with Thomas to supply amps in the States and these MIA versions were considered poor cousins to the British ones. The poor sales of these U.S. built amps was the first of many nails in the Vox coffin.

bullet6759

:facepalmYou Have to turn it around and look at the face plate. That could be any vox model from that time from mid 60s.

dayn

Silver Supporting Member
The little badge on the front lower right corner of the amp head says "solid state."

1kidc

The little badge on the front lower right corner of the amp head says "solid state."
Good eyes - I couldn't make it out and that's what I sort of expected. And I wasn't insinuating that folks from Nebraska are poor or stupid. My best friend worships at the throne of Harry Husker. But if you lived in Middle America in 67 and bought a new Vox amp I would think it more than likely that it would be MIA and solid state. I know Mike Campbell loves him some SS Voxes but I'm not going to drive 4hrs to find out lol...

Trending Topics