Can you modify reverb to decrease/quicken decay???

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by localmotion411, May 15, 2008.

1. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

My reverb tank was bad so I replaced it with a Belton 4-spring 4AB3C1B, and while it sounds great and full, the decay is much too long for my tastes. I am afraid to switch it out for a shorter Accutronics tank because it sounds so good as is.

Is there any trick out there for quickening or shortening the decay of a reverb tank? I have heard of people putting small amounts of cotton where the springs connect in the middle to dampen them and that works. Does anyone know exactly how to do this or have another trick up their sleeve?

2. FritzCat

FritzCat Member

3. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

It's for the Kingsley Deluxe 30 in my sig. Simon Jarrett, the builder, told me today that he prefers not to install a dwell knob and that I should try a piece of foam to calm down the length of the dwell. I experimented with it today and the foam actually works; I just need to get it in there just right and glue it down so it will stay where I want it.

4. espinete

espinete Member

is it possible to change the eq of the reverb effect in a fender hrd?
    for me sounds too brittle.the technician told me he was going to think about it but he didn't reply me

sorry about the offtopic

5. espinete

espinete Member