• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Can you picture a double-tortoise-bound tele with a very subtle brick burst?

And then, tweak things a bit more, with a neck made of a Carribbean wood called Chechen, which is related to Rosewood and looks like Bocote, and a fretboard wood called Katalox (Royal Mexican Ebony), some open-back HipShot tuners with custom brown pearl buttons, and then pimped even a bit more with some shell casings.

Cool lookin. Who made it?
I did, with some help from my buddy Tommy Rosamond.

I sent him the binding and the woods for the neck and fretboard, and he cut the body and neck for me. I took it from there. I still have to plug a screw hole, re-drill the pilot and straighten out the D tuner, but she is playing and sounding great. OC Duff Big Boy Neck and Plankster bridge pickups.

Twang Addict, are you pining for vintage knurled knobs?

Last edited:

Drak

Damn I'd hit that...;)

Really Frickin' sweet build Sir!

Please do tell, what are the specific colors you used for the basecoat and the burst?

Damn I'd hit that...;)

Really Frickin' sweet build Sir!

Please do tell, what are the specific colors you used for the basecoat and the burst?
Stew Mac water/alcohol soluble dyes - vintage amber with a dash of medium brown for the base, and Cherry red with a dash of Medium brown for the light burst. I mixed them in denatured alcohol and sprayed them with an airbrush.

weshunter

Gold Supporting Member
Love everything but the knobs which i think makes it look kinda gimmicky where it would have been different but still classy - still very cool.

post some clips when/if you have any I'd love to hear how it sounds.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
copper saddles! those are from what's-'is-name (not glendale, like the bridge), who makes them to ball-and-socket fit together end to end.

anyway, dead-sexy.

urizen

Gold Supporting Member
That looks great----from your OP, I had no idea that it would look like that, as in It's really nice!

Trending Topics