• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Can you power an MM4 @ 18v?

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Can I use the 18v output of a DC-Brick to power a Line 6 MM4? Anybody ever tried it?

Axekisser

I haven't done it but would assume you could because when I check my PP2+ on the Line 6 output is reads 16vdc.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
The MM-4 really does run DC since it will accept batteries, but it can take the 9vac because it has a bride rectifier that converts it to DC internally. I would think you could since it does take about 16V through the PP2 outlets. I would be more concerned if the brick has enough milliamps to power it though since I'm guessing it takes somewhere in the 200-300 range. Good luck, and if it doesn't work out I'm guessing it has some sort of power protection diode inside.

VCuomo

BTW Brian - the DC-Brick will power up to 1A, so it wouldn't have a problem with the MM4 unless adding the MM4 causes the Brick's load to go above 1A.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
yeah if it's 1a that's a lot of juice and you should be fine unless you are running a ton of high draw pedals. I have a MM-4 laying around but I don't have any 18v adapters with 2.5mm plugs or I'd give it a try.

Trending Topics