Can you power an MM4 @ 18v?

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Can I use the 18v output of a DC-Brick to power a Line 6 MM4? Anybody ever tried it?

Axekisser

I haven't done it but would assume you could because when I check my PP2+ on the Line 6 output is reads 16vdc.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
The MM-4 really does run DC since it will accept batteries, but it can take the 9vac because it has a bride rectifier that converts it to DC internally. I would think you could since it does take about 16V through the PP2 outlets. I would be more concerned if the brick has enough milliamps to power it though since I'm guessing it takes somewhere in the 200-300 range. Good luck, and if it doesn't work out I'm guessing it has some sort of power protection diode inside.

VCuomo

BTW Brian - the DC-Brick will power up to 1A, so it wouldn't have a problem with the MM4 unless adding the MM4 causes the Brick's load to go above 1A.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
yeah if it's 1a that's a lot of juice and you should be fine unless you are running a ton of high draw pedals. I have a MM-4 laying around but I don't have any 18v adapters with 2.5mm plugs or I'd give it a try.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom