Can you recommend a small pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Charles#5, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

It's for gigs only. I will probably build my own, since the commercially available boards I've seen are all too big for my needs, but maybe you guys know more than I do (I know you do...). It has to hold a David Boggs Micro Loooper, a Strobostomp, a Sweet Sound MoFaux, a Keeley Java Boost and a H.B.E. Big D. I can't manage more pedals when I'm playing live, so I don't need space to expand (I REALLY DON'T!). Integrated power supply is optional, I have a 1Spot that I'm perfectly happy with. I'm all ears...

Cheers,

Johan.

2. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

3. retro

retro Member

The price performance ratio of the NYC boards seem very good to me.
    And you can specify the size you want if the standard ones don't work for you.
    I was going to build my own too until I saw these.

http://www.nycpedalboards.com/

4. teleblaster

teleblaster Supporting Member

Pedaltrain, the small powder coated all metal, built like a tank i think there around 125.00. Ive got one and love it. It holds about 6 avarage sized pedals. Comes with a nice soft case too. Teleblaster :BEER

5. 58relic

58relic Member

+1

sixpack, the sixshot will cover your needs. ($99)

the gigman does mine for almost 3 years!

6. MattB

MattB Member

"http://www.nycpedalboards.com/"

+2

I just received my Pedalhead classic and am about to start setting it up now. Great build quality and very reasonable. IT took about 5 days to arrive from when it was ordered. They are great.

7. msp

msp Member

i love my pedaltrain

light, very functional

so cool

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

i have the pedaltrain Jr. not too shabby, tho the nylon bag doesnt give me much faith in protection.

www.pedaltrain.com

[​IMG]

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

wow,

lovin' the lunchbox. could be perfect for my bass setup. nice guys... :cool:

10. Big Lug

Big Lug Guest

Contact Michael at mlemieux@twcny.rr.com He will make a board to whatever size you need. Nice metal trim and a velcro adhering surface that is second to none (I've never seen anything quite like it). Oh, and did I say reasonably priced?

11. grunge-rock

grunge-rock Member

Definately go with NYC pedalboards. I've had 2 over the past 4-5 years and they've never failed me. I'll probably need another one soon. Great boards.

12. Scott Cioe

Scott Cioe Member

I use a Pedaltrain and would certainly recommend one.

However, just FYI: a friend made his own in a way that I found quite interesting: He cut a piece of plexiglass (of some sort) to the dimensions of an old laptop computer bag that he had lying around. It fits four or five pedals with power supply and is his grab and go unit for small gigs and jams, etc.

Pretty neat.

13. seanc

seanc Member

i like trailer trash pedalboards but i really think there is nothing like a custom made PERSONAL MADE pedals board. i made my own and love it. you love things more when you make something good and i sure did. got the idea from the warwick pedal boards.

14. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check out the websites you all mentioned. Seanc, you wouldn't have a pic of your board, would you?

Cheers,

Johan.

15. backwater

backwater Member

I am looking for a small pedal board and I am looking at the Coffin Case one, it looks different and the quality is pretty good (I'm using a few of the other coffin cases already). http://www.coffincase.com

I also set up a Boss BCB-6 for a customer recently and was fairly impressed - the major problems I see are the locks for the case (which are dire) and the fact that you can only fit 1 wah or volume pedal.

16. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

I like the NYC and the TT! Does the NYC board angle at you, I can't tell from the pic on the site?

JK