Can you record more than one track simultaneously in GarageBand v1.1?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by gururyan, Jan 13, 2008.

1. gururyan

gururyan Member

Dec 5, 2003
    south of hell
    I can record separate left/right channels simultaneously, but not two separate tracks. Anybody know if I am overlooking something or if v1.1 does not allow this? I want to record my guitars with two mics, but as it stands now I can only get it to allow my condenser mic to be on one channel and the 57 to be on the other. If that's all I can get, then can anybody tell me how I can mix the channels in GarageBand? I don't want one mic 100% left and one 100% right. I tried duplicating the track and then trying to figure out a way to flip the channels, but didn't see anything. I'm getting frustrated trying to do something that should be easy.
  2. JTPRecords

JTPRecords Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I know this is very old, but did you ever figure it out? I am trying to do the same thing and cannot figure it out. did you have any luck?
  3. retro

retro Member

Oct 5, 2005
    If your question pertains to 1.1...iirc multitrack recording wasn't possible until version 2.
  4. scottlr

scottlr Member

May 14, 2006
    Born & raised in Texas; stranded in Iowa
    It's been a long time. But as I recall, if you have a 2 channel interface, you set one for input one MONO, and the other for input 2 MONO, and assign them to two separate tracks. I believe 2 tracks was the max on ver. 1.1, with up to 8 tracks IIRC with ver. 2.0, but like I said, that was a long time ago. I am quite sure about my first statement, as I did some recordings with a bass player direct into one track, and me in the other.