Can you think of an amp like this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Barnzy, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

Hi all,
    I'd like to see your suggestions for this. I am trying to "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak. I like to play through multiple amps because I love the rich sound that only comes from this setup. I want an amp for pure cleans to layer into my electric setup. I don't care if it is tube or ss. In addition, I'd love to have an amp that can handle my acoustic guitars too. So that's the challenge...is there an amp that is designed for acoustic reproduction and clean electric reproduction? And does both jobs well? I am flexible on price and wattage since clean headroom is the goal here. Ideas?

2. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Member

3. toomanyamps

toomanyamps Member

The Peavey Vypyr VIP series is designed to do this.
    I've never played through one so I don't know if they succeeded.

4. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

Can a jc series amp take an acoustic signal? And thanks for the peavey tip here! I'll look closer at them!

5. Roland G88

Roland G88 Member

I use a Princeton RI for the piezo signal from my Parker through an Art tube comp.
    I've tried a JC60, various Trace acoustic amps and almost bit on an AER until I tried the Princeton. Both the Parker and a Godin Multiac sound great through it. I would imagine the DRRI would be just as good with more headroom.
    You will want some form of outboard preamp before the amp input. I like the Art as I can hit pretty hard without getting any quack.