can you "trade" on Reverb?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by treehouse1441, May 8, 2015.

1. treehouse1441

treehouse1441 Member

Is the only option to write the trade terms in the description and to price the item stupid high?

2. On a Budget

On a Budget Member

I dont think they want you to trade. they dont make money of a trade.

3. superslidetail

superslidetail Supporting Member

No, I think they do have a way they advise you to do it. I remember reading something on their site saying for both parties to list their items and then both parties buy each others items at the same time. This presents a couple problems but Reverb still makes money on it.

EDIT: Here, straight from Reverb:

How do I make a trade ? At Reverb, we know how much fun it is to swap gear with other musicians. Check out our simple explanation of how trades work.
    To keep trades simple and straightforward, while offering protection and peace of mind for both parties, we recommend listing both trade items on the site, and simply buying each other's listings. Here are the steps we recommend:

1. Use the Reverb messaging system to negotiate the details of the trade and shipping arrangements with another seller. Try to be specific as to the exact terms of the trade including shipping. At this point, both items in questions should be listed on the site.
    2. Once both parties agree upon the terms of the trade, use the "Make an Offer" function on each other's listings. While making an offer, include a message that indicates the offer is tied to a trade so we have record of the exchange.
    3. Once the offers are accepted, one party can use the normal checkout process to complete an order. Once those funds are received, the second party can proceed with purchasing the other side of the transaction.
    Using this method will ensure buyer/seller protection in the event there is anything wrong with the item or shipping. This will also help keep track of your orders, tracking number, and messages on the site.

4. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

I have received a lot of trade offers and I keep rejecting them. I would stay that stick to the rules and just try to sell it or talk to the person outside of reverb.com

5. ummohyeah

ummohyeah Member

I've traded several pedals and even a guitar over Reverb. It's not against the "rules" and a lot of people are open to it.

The above posted Reverb rules are how you should do it. Accept offers on one another's items, then mail it off with tracking.

6. Thedude99

Thedude99 Member

A trade on Reverb is basically buying each other's listings for the same price. You'll still pay Reverb fees and PayPal fees.

Nothing stopping you from doing the deal cheap to save fees, or using the Reverb PM system to negotiate the trade outside of Reverb, but you are losing the protection of you do.

7. Maggie_O

Maggie_O Supporting Member

Thanks for the info, guys!