Can you use 2 aby pedals concurently?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by alivegy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. alivegy

alivegy Member

I recently added a second amp to my recording setup. I had been using a radial switchbone to run signal A through my amp, and signal B to my interface to record a dry track for reamping. Now that I have a second amp I need another channel. A: to amp 1, B: to amp 2, and C: to my recording interface. I'm thinking of getting either a lehel or another switchbone so that I can run my dry signal to the interface straight off of the guitar instead of later in the chain after the signal has gone through several pedals where my aby currently is. Has anyone done something like this? So long as I have quality buffers in the aby pedals I shuold be ok right?

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Sure, it'll work just fine as long as the pedals are buffered and isolated (transformers are the best way to ensure that there're no ground loops).

3. ccouch7

ccouch7 Member

Or you could try a D.I. box right after your guitar and before your pedals and A/B box,
    if your interface has XLR inputs. Just a thought.:)

4. alivegy

alivegy Member

actually I do have a spare DI box that I can try in the meantime. I don't think that I have a buffered pedal to put in front of it though so I'll get some signal loss. Thanks, Bob. I have to make sure that all of my outputs are isolated otherwise I get crazy amounts of hum from ground loops.