Can you use Tiny Terror with 4 ohm cab?

cg

Gold Supporting Member
I have a 2x12 Divided by 13 cab wired at 4 ohms. Can I use it with the Tiny Terror?

thedavide

No!

And whatever you do, don't plug in 2 separate 8 ohm cabs into both 8 ohm jacks. You can plug 2 separate 16 ohm cabs into both 8 ohm jacks.

strat94

The TT is rated for 16ohms or two 8ohm speakers. I think it would be bad to use a 4 ohm cab.

You can probably re-wire your cab to be 16 ohm by changing the wiring from parallel to series. Do a quick google search and you'll find tons of wiring diagrams.

strat94

well, on the back of it there is one 16 ohm input and two 8 ohm inputs. Not sure if it is OK to use it with just one 8ohm cab but I don't think I'd risk it.

Mudder

This question gets covered over and over at the Orange forum. The only options are what I mentioned in my previous post, or you'll have mismatched impedance. If you plug in two 8 ohm cabs to the 8ohm outputs, how it's wired you'll run at 4 ohms, not good for your TT.

vinney57

ONE 16ohm into the 16ohm socket, or
TWO 16ohm into the two 8ohm sockets or
ONE 8ohm into one of the 8ohm sockets.

The 8ohm sockets are paralleled and 8ohm is as low the TWO COMBINED SPEAKERS to can be.

I'm using 2 x 8 ohm Marshall 12's, that I have series wired together, into the 16ohm socket.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom