Canadian gearheads unite!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ibanez_Guy, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Ibanez_Guy

Ibanez_Guy Member

So I was reading in a form about about tonefactor.com and how they offer free shipping to Canada (thanks by the way, I'm eagerly awaiting a mobius II :) ). Also, axeandyoushallreceive.com/ is Canadian as well (though im not sure of their shipping procedures).

Does anyone know of any other Canuck-friendly online gear havens?

Thanks

2. Patch

Patch Gold Supporting Member

3. Allthumbs56

Allthumbs56 Member

++1. Scott and I have done a few transactions now. He's great to deal with. For tubes there's the tubestore.com and for speakers there's Steamco.

4. m4tt

m4tt Member

checking in!

guitarpartscanada.com for misc. guitar parts, although I have not tried them yet.

5. gproud5150

gproud5150 Member

+1 on the Tubestore.com I ordered new tubes last Friday and had them yesterday.

6. bduguay

bduguay Member

Scott at axe.
    Easily my second favourite Scott ever.
    B.

7. iggs

iggs Member

Yup, Scott at Axe ... :dude

8. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

I've ordered from the Tubestore and Steamco. Been very happy with the service. Scott will get some business from me after my vacation. There's another guy locally that carries Diamond, Barber, Zvex, Fulltone, etc...and he ships stuff out too.

9. erikm5150

erikm5150 Member

i've dealt with steamco and guitarpartscanada
    they're all good. steamco has "high" prices on avatar stuff IMO. but the service is good.

another store not yet mentioned is buzzfox.com
    they sell mostly pedals. i bought my power-all adapter from them, they're good too

10. drolling

drolling Member

This is a great idea for tha thread! Thanks!!

+1 on Scott. He's getting more & more great gear in all the time.

+1000 on Mike @ Diamond- best customer service I've had EVER, and his product speaks for itself. His delay & comp get alot of press around here, but the guy's been tweakin & tinkerin on overdrive/booster circuits that are really worth hearing!

If money's no object, the 12th fret & Songbird in Toronto always have cool stuff, both new & used. If you're ordering from outside of Ontario, at least you'll save provincial tax. I've often wondered why we don't get whacked on gear coming from the rest of Canada, but we have to pay provincial tax on stuff coming from other countries:confused:.

I've noticed that a lot of TGP'rs don't/won't ship to Canada, but to tell ya the truth, I've had nothing but 1000% positive experiences dealing directly with some brilliant builders south of the border- Paul C., Alf Zen, Sean Eternity, Joe Retroman, Dave Foxrox and many others - All these guys will ship by postal mail if you ask. After getting scalped by UPS & FedEx, USPS is the way to go every time.

Bjorn's gotten pedals to my door in 10 days - all the way from Helsinki!! With the flagging US dollar, BJF seems more & more affordable

Mike Ibrahim's sent me some killer pedals direct from Australia, but my next MI Audio purchase'll definitely be coming from Brad @ Tonefactor - Faster, cheaper, and I understand he's reinstating the free candy policy!!

11. m4tt

m4tt Member

..btw, I think we should really get a Toronto area tone-fest happening. I can't really bring anything too fancy, but I'm sure it would be beneficial to all us Canadians.

I assume I'm not the only one that hasn't had the opportunity to play through all these widely talked about amps/guitars/fx.

Heck, I'll bring the beer!

12. TimH

TimH Member

+1 on Scott. Great guy, cool gear. He doesn't do free shipping but he pays all the dutys for you before it lands and it's included in his pricing.

I've bought something the playersboutique.com and that was pleasant as well though I was in Calgary at the time so couldn't say about his shipping either.

I know axemusic.com does free shipping. A lot of retailers in Calgary will match that if you ask ;)

On another note, I've got a pile of stuff in the emporium right now that would be nice to keep in Canada ;)

13. TimH

TimH Member

I'm in! I've got a Bad Cat Cub and by then hopfully will have some more cool pedals too! Oh and my Anderson Classic is a must play if you've never played an Andy!

14. theelectic

theelectic Guest

As far as I'm concerned, any retailer/person that sends via regular postal mail, and not courier service (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) gets a thumbs up in my book.

15. m4tt

m4tt Member

..now we just need to wait for someone to donate their house/jamspace/patio/dungeon :)

16. davetcan

davetcan Supporting Member

Could I also recommend that we all join the GuitarsCanada forum so that we can buy and sell stuff without all the duty and tax stuff that we have to put up with by crossing the border.

17. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

hey! the tone-fest thin was my idea!...but its cool. I'd really like to put something like that together, and I would have quite a few things to contribute. Mainly my pedals!...and my amp(s)...Im just saying, my moms cousins husband, his family owns half of the four seasons hotel in downtown Toronto, and maybe, *maybe*, I could talk to him and figure something out. I think that we have to have a Canadian tonefest, even if it isnt as good as the ones in the states. I wonder if any manufactors would bother comming out for it?...
    Songbird is wayyyy over priced, I paid $399 for my zvex super duper there, and with tax...$450. This was before I knew about buying stuff from the states...lol

18. erikm5150

erikm5150 Member

+1000

19. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

I'll add http://12fret.com/ to the great suggestions thus far.

Can't say I've had too many US-to-Canada shipping hassles (though generally deal w/ manufacturers over stores).

(& sorry Dave - know I'm to blame for some of your G.A.S. attacks)

20. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

+1 to the tonefest in toronto. Actually, Markom, that was my idea.
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=142524&highlight=toronto+pedalfest

The hard drive crashes kinda fizzled it out.

Also, +1 to USPS! I never buy off people/stores anymore that send UPS, though I always ask them to send USPS. USPS Global Priority Mail is the Canadian-friendly way to go!

And another +1 to Scott. He does charge about 10 bucks CADfor shipping (I could drive up to his place in an hour), but I don't know if he's sleeping with the mailman or what, cos his stuff always arrives the next day. Great shipping.

Also, he's been something of a pedal mentor to me, at least as much as this whole forum has been