Cancel function/preamp on the Supra Vibe!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GuitarBrent, Feb 13, 2015.

1. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

I know there are a million vibe threads here, and i've read and posted in many over the years. I've never seen a discussion about this though. I've just recently owned the Classic Amplification Vibe Baby and now the Castledine Supra Vibe. Both sound just spectacular, and both have the Cancel function to bypass the vibe like an original Univibe. This feature, to me, is massively important to get some of those vibe sounds when the effect itself is not on. Put a fuzz before the vibe and put the vibe in cancel mode. That preamp adds a nice compression and enhances sustain very, very nicely.

Now here's the Holy Grail trick (for me anyway). I dislike buffered wahs, as the buffer changes the tone and overall character of the wah. This is why Teese waited so long to add a buffer to his wahs. If you have a wah with a buffer that you can turn on and off, then try it and decide for yourself. However, I love fuzzes and especially fuzzfaces and tonebenders that just oscillate and squeal with my unbuffered wah. Sometimes I like to ride that wave, ala Jimi. Sometimes I just want the fuzz to work well with my wah without a buffer. So pop your Supra Vibe, Vibe Baby, or vintage Univibe (in cancel mode) in between your wah and your fuzz, and voila, it buffers your signal enough to make everything work perfectly!!!! You can't do this with true bypass vibes without having the vibe on all the time. :rockin

The cancel function is critical to me. A little more midrange, fatness, and compression when played clean. More sustain, midrange, and fatness with some dirt before it. Makes fuzzes work with wahs before it when the vibe is in between. Just awesome.

e-flat likes this.
  2. jimihendrix1117

jimihendrix1117 Member

Good find! 90% of the time I'm goin wah-fuzz face-vibe. My wahs all have the buffer switch, so I know exactly what you mean, switchin back n forth. There's definitely a difference.

3. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Tony,
    Try it and see what I'm talking about!