• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Can't decide what to get next...TGP decides

Choose my next pedal

• Long Dash DS-1

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Dunlop JDF2

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cry Baby Mini (CBM95)

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Echobox V2

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • MJM London Fuzz (GE)

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Catalinbread Zero Point Flanger

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Union T&T Tour Bender

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Fender Pour Over

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Wait Until You Really Want Something

Votes: 66 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
I'm mainly a strat into a fuzz face into a Marshal kind of player. I've got about 35 pedals, 10 of them fuzz faces, a few delays, a few vibes, various classic drives, misc odds and ends, some crown jewels and some muts. I usually just stick a few pedals in my gig bag when I head out to jam, no pedal board as of yet. I've got a few pedals on the "to buy" short list but not sure what I
want to get next, so I figured JFTHOI I'd let TGP decide :bonk

It's a 10 day poll, here's the deal on the options.

DS-1
Got an old short dash MIJ that I broke modding, probably won't ever bother to fix. Picked up one of the black 40th anni units, sounds great. I've always wanted an old long dash, just because. I don't really jam the DS-1 a whole lot but it does see the light of day.

Dunlop FF
Big fuzz face guy, own about 10 but not a proper flying saucer among them. I may get something fancier at some point, but right now I like the current stock Dunlop to scratch that itch.

Cry Baby Mini ( I think the CNB95 is the one I want)
Currently wahless, modded my Area 51 beyond recognition and am currently building up a "mojo" wah. An RMC might be in my future too. In the meantime the mini's enjoy a great rep and one would fit nicely in my gig bag.

Echobox V2
While I'm not a big delay guy I already have an AD999, BED, and a Montavillian. The Echobox has the distinction of being one of the few delays that has decent battery life and a top mounted trails switch. it's perfect for throwing into the gig bag.

MJM London Fuzz
I'm a big fuzz face guy and don't own one of these yet, 'nuff said.

Catalinbread Zero Point Flanger
I have no use for this at all lol, but it's one of the coolest pedals I've ever seen and when it first came out I instantly pulled a Wayne's World "it shall be mine". I still don't have one.

Union T&T Tour Bender
I've got a couple benders, I don't play them a lot, but they are pretty cool. Both are some kind of MK III / IV. While I'm mainly a strat guy, I've got one DC guitar and will have a single cut style in the works. I'm a big Mick Ronson fan. I've always wanted a MK I, but something on the smoother side. This one is the current stand out.

Fender Pour Over
Never owned a filter before, did a bunch of googling and settled on this for various reasons.

Last edited:

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
I'd avoid the things you already have (your audience... are they attuned to the difference in various GE transistor flavors?) and get something that inspires during the down-times.

Me, I'd opt for the CB Zero Point, the wah, or the delay.

The other stuff? You already have that covered.

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
Nice list of pedals

I've got an old foldy COT50 and a DIY Timmy, both cool pedals, love the COT50

I have similar DIY boost some where, and the BED gets me some of that love in an actual delay, but ya, something like this may find it's way into my basement at some point

Looks like a cool MIAB. I've got a DLS MK III that I used to use a lot but don't have much use for with my current rig. I'll be looking up the demos on this just for kicks.

Reactions: Rod

BlueLou

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds like you got quite of a bit of what you like. TGP? Yes, but from some of the threads I read and post on, there's a good percentage who are trying to make specific, conscious decisions opposed to impulsive and/or redundant purchases (not saying that is what you are doing, but suggesting that may be contributing to the large number of votes on the hold off choice).

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like you got quite of a bit of what you like.
I do, but I maintain a wish list which is down to mostly what I posted. For the longest while it was fairly obvious what my next acquisition was going to be, not so much any more. I will eventually own most if not all the pedals in this poll (haha that should have been an option) but have no current "need" for any of them, this is true.

Killshakes

Nice list of pedals

I've got an old foldy COT50 and a DIY Timmy, both cool pedals, love the COT50

I have similar DIY boost some where, and the BED gets me some of that love in an actual delay, but ya, something like this may find it's way into my basement at some point

Looks like a cool MIAB. I've got a DLS MK III that I used to use a lot but don't have much use for with my current rig. I'll be looking up the demos on this just for kicks.
I think Rod posts the same pedals in virtually every thread. Over. And over. And over.

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
Seems like a space echo or echoplex...real tape...would be a nice addition to the strat, fuzz face, Marshall vibe.
I've got a BED (OP corrected), I have to admit, even though I'm not a huge delay guy, those old tape echos still catch my eye :)

PhuzzphayzZ

I thought ZeroPoint was the consensus?...what?...is this Thread still kickin'?... has no monies been parted with yet?... has it all been in vain???

kramm47

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a feeling this is going to be the consensus. I have to say I'm a little disappointed, I mean, this is TGP :dunno.
Here's the thing. I'm a hobbiest woodworker. It's really easy to think "I need all these tools" in order to be a woodworker. After a few hundred bucks' worth of tool purchases that got used once (or never), i started buying things only when there is a need. I, too, keep running lists of effects i want and will likely eventually get... but barring the occasional $30 splurge on something silly (like the marvelous Mosky Plexi-M I bought a couple months ago) I wait until I see the use.

YMMV, and you do you, of course!

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
I'm gonna regret that last option, I should have added...

"All. Nuke 'em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

Trending Topics