1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Can't get my Timmy v1 to sound like my old Timmy v2...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wenbinbin2010, Feb 2, 2012.

1. wenbinbin2010

wenbinbin2010 Member

I downgraded because I found a Timmy v1 that was much cheaper and reasoned that I didn't use the outside toggle much after I had it set where I wanted it. However, now with the old Timmy, it doesn't seem to sound as good as the new ones, even though they're supposed to be the same circuit. I tried two Tim v1's before and never liked them, and now the same is going on with this Timmy v1. I loved the sound of the Timmy v2 I had though. Nothing else in my setup has changed...maybe the internal dip switches are set differently? I had the Timmy v2 in the middle position for the toggle and the Timmy v1 I have now is with both dip switches down.

Anyone know the exact correspondence between the toggle positions and the internal dip switches?