Can't go a day around here without a Timmy question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by theflyingturtle, Jun 21, 2008.

1. theflyingturtle

theflyingturtle Member

I got my Tim and Timmy last week. I hooked up the Tim and found it made everything better! I'm still playing with the controls and experimenting but other than opening the box I haven't even hooked up the Timmy and I'm not sure I even need it. I ordered both so that I could try both but why would I need a Tim AND a Timmy on my board?

2. brianf

brianf Member

I just got both of mine last week but did not have a chance to try them until last night.

My understanding is the Timmy is the right side of the Tim but I don't hear that. There is just so much more going on with the Tim. Add a liitle boost and the Tim is an A+++++ new find for me. It will make it to my board for sure. Just nails the AC/DC crunch and does so much more.

I found the Timmy just ordinary. Not as complex . Nothing wrong with it but not strong enough to make my board. I am going to spend a good 2 or 3 hours with it though to see if I'm missing something

Craftsmanship, cosmetics and pricing make both these pedals some of the best value out there.

Paul, raise your pricing. Just blame it on high fuel costs or something:)

brianf

3. Frethog

Frethog Member

Complete opposite for me. I kept the Timmy and sold the Tim. I felt the boost on the Tim was redundant and the Timmy is a smaller footprint. Both great pedals.

4. Bobbofallenstar

Bobbofallenstar Member

Didn't do it for me. My Timmy is currently on the Emporium.

5. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Try the Timmy in assymetrical clipping mode.

6. brianf

brianf Member

I just finished experimenting with the switches. Yes you can hear a difference. I actually liked them either both up or both down best.

I'll stick to my original statement that the Tim is just better sounding all around though.

(But the Timmy is no slouch). And again great dollar value. I forget exactly how much they were but together they were well under 300.00 including shipping to Canada!!!!!!! Find 2 boutiques with such quality for that price.

brianf

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008