Can't See the Tuner in the Sun

Pablomago

What tuner can you actually see on stage on a sunny day? The Pitchblack isn't cutting it. Neither was the borrowed Snark.

LSMFT6

We brake for nobody
Gold Supporting Member
People say the newer TC Electronic tuners are nicely bright, I prefer the Sonic Research ST-300

pusher

I have the TC Polytune mini Noir and was amazed that I could see the lights during hot summer evening gigs with the sun blazing directly on us. With sunglasses on.

I looked at the Sonic Research mini and didn't like the circle of lights idea. Just my preference. I hear it's good, but don't know about the brightness. TC made this one of the improvements and mention it in the manual.

woolyh

I just remembered the Boss TU-3 does actually have an outdoor mode. If you hold down the Stream button.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
there's a product called Stomp the Sun designed as a tuner shade. website isn't working.

Sam Xavier

there's a product called Stomp the Sun designed as a tuner shade. website isn't working.
Funny thing, I was wondering about a similar idea. Make one from bits of plastic sheet taped to the LED window. One square section, two triangles, a dab of glue to hold 'em together and Robert is your father's brother.

Hurricane

:cool:
My T.C.Electronics is visible on the brightest days here in the sunny southern Californian desert :

Ruggedly built to last and as fast as the bigger models too :dude . Had it now 2 years .

EZ :

HR

onestop

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve found the green “your in tune” indicator on the Boss TU-3W does well with sunlight and outdoor gigs :aok

tonyhay

Gold Supporting Member
A Peterson Stomp Classic dislplay can be seen clearly in bright direct sunlight.

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
A Peterson Stomp Classic dislplay can be seen clearly in bright direct sunlight.
The Peterson Strobostomps too. I have a Polytune 3 LED tuner advertised to be visible in sunlight and found it can still be hard to see sometimes. The Peterson tuners will be visible.

hunter

tonyhay

Gold Supporting Member
The Peterson Strobostomps too. I have a Polytune 3 LED tuner advertised to be visible in sunlight and found it can still be hard to see sometimes. The Peterson tuners will be visible.

hunter
Yes, I agree. I have a Strobostomp and there is no issue seeing the display in bright direct sunlight.

Trending Topics