can't think of the name of this item... help me think of it.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GibsonMarshallguy41, May 21, 2020.

1. GibsonMarshallguy41

GibsonMarshallguy41 Member

I need one of those things that raises a 2x12 cab and angles it upward, but I use a cab and an amp head. so I need something that will accommodate both. I can't use a standard one because they are for a combo. do they make ones that has something to hold the amp head flat, above the cab?

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. teemuk

teemuk Member

Quick google search with "tilting amp stand" seems to come up with various sorts of those. Quik Lok, for instance, makes exactly what you describe.

8len8, In Absentia and B Money like this.
  3. gulliver

gulliver Supporting Member

I usually put mine on a 1x12.

:hide2

:D

Humble Texan Fan likes this.
  4. GibsonMarshallguy41

the more I think of it, the more I am wondering if I should just try to get an amp stand, or some kind of collapsible utility stand that just elevates the object straight up, rather than angled back. that might end up being more sensible and practical.

after doing some research, unless I can come up with a better idea, a keyboard stand might be my best bet. I would want to elevate my Marshall head & 2x12 cab at least a foot and a half to 2 feet off the ground. but it would have to support a minimum of 90 pounds.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  5. GibsonMarshallguy41

6. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

Yeah - my solution was just to get a slant 2x12 - easy to hear, no stand required, won’t hog stage space or break your back like a 4x12.

7. GibsonMarshallguy41

that sounds fine, but I literally just bought a regular 2x12 cab. so for me, its either:
    try to find a stand that can bear 90 pounds, holds the amp straight, and not angled back (for 50 bucks and under), OR find an inexpensive angled combo stand, and then an inexpensive keyboard stand for the head.

8. GibsonMarshallguy41

and it doesn't necessarily have to be a product that is specifically designed for guitar gear... something like this would even work, but I would need something that will elevate at least a foot and a half off the ground, and something with a longer platform.

[​IMG]

B Money likes this.
  9. GibsonMarshallguy41

I think I've finally decided... I'm going to get this... a typical raised, angled back amp stand, and I'll put just my 2x12 cab on that.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acc...EpMtaQGa5CBnFS9f4qOH3QlBgWZEZrg#productDetail

then I'm going to use a pair of utility step stands that elevate about 8 or 9 inches off the ground, and put my amp head on that, in front of the raised, tilted cab. I just figured - why do I need to elevate the amp head 2 feet off the ground along with the 2x12 cab? as long as its up off the floor a tiny bit, that's all I really need.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    HoboMan likes this.