Can't Wait Barber Direct Drive On The way

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by yZe, Feb 8, 2008.

1. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    W/the PCB Mod !!!

I was flippin' stunned when i played the unmodded one through a friend's rig at a jam session

I love the price in that its sounds are incredible like the 300 dollar ones, and the fact that it's not the flavor of the week, hence little wait period

2. jb70

jb70 Member

great pedal- much more versatile with the mod board. if you dig the unmodded dd you will love this one even more.

3. mude

mude Supporting Member

One of the best values around and a great overall pedal IMO. Barber in general makes some great stuff and when I compare the DD side-by-side to some pricey pedals, it does very well. Compare with your ears and how it feels, rather than just with your wallet.

Evan.

4. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Oh, it felt great indeed, and the lower than average price for a pedal of such quality is a bonus

Oh, wait . . . it has to be over 200 dollars with a one year waiting list and a gazillion TGP'rs talking about how it was worth it before it's a good pedal, right?

5. Dave

Dave Member

Actually, the DD gets a lot of respect around here, as do most of Dave Barber's pedals.

I've bought and sold a ton of pedals over the years, most costing a lot more than the DD, but the DD is still one of my favorites and I've never considered getting rid of it.

6. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

The LTD mod is awesome also! The 2 together is a match made in rock haven! Add in the tone press and your styling. I like to use the DD mod for high gain lead work. Sustains for days and has some serious rhythm chunk.