Captain Coconut 2...any users?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by granite, Aug 13, 2005.

1. granite

granite Member

My quest for a good, reliable, multi power options, and quiet reverb pedal has left me frustrated so I'm now looking at watery vibes. I'm considering a CC2. Anyone have one that could offer some opinions. I really like Envelope Control Speed (ECS) with the provibe, at least the sound samples off the website. How does it sound in a live rig? Worth the money?

2. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

It really is an excellent pedal - extremely well built and designed very intelligently.

You can't get a better fuzz or a better vibe than those that are in the CC2, respectively. The octave is excellent, though from what I understand, Dave Fox's own Octron may beat it.

It's probably not a great deal if you only want the vibe, but if you use fuzz and vibe its tough to beat - and you can swap out the fuzz card with any of 3 or 4 cards - I've tried two of them, which are both excellent.

Take a listen: http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/FoxRox.mp3

3. Rid

Rid Senior Member

It is a make you grinalotmachine!!
    All those cool old sounds from Beck to Hendrix is in there.
    Awesome pedal.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

It's built like a tank with true bypass, relay based switching-very cool. It has an excellent vibe, a very decent fuzz and an OK Octave. For the same money it'd be hard to put together a board with the equivalent quality, although I'd choose different players myself-modded fuzz face, Fulltone Vibe and Octave.

5. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

I have one and love it. +1 on the above mentioned build quality and Dave is a wicked guy to deal with.

The vibe is fantastic and I use the ECS all the time as opposed to a speed pedal. I frequently play with the width control all the way down just to give my sound the built in sweetness of the provibe. From watery to weak I think the Provibe is excellent! Fuzz is fantastic too and has moved my Sola Colorsound into the storage closet.

6. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

i had one of them on my desk last week.....!

correct, built like a tank and also very easy to handle inside!
    A friend gave me his pedal after he use it in europe with the wrong adaptor....and i had to fix it! Pretty cool voltage-doubler circuit! And the fuzz-card feature is an amazing idea!

sounds freaky and cool! The ProVibe is a killer! Well done!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

greeetz
    Paco

7. granite

granite Member

Cool clip. What fuzz card are you using? Care to reveal the settings of that clip as well? Really excellent.

8. JimiB

JimiB Member

plus one one the diggin of the clip!

9. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

10. Voxshall

Voxshall Member

I love everything about the captain coconut 2, I'm surprised to hear everyone's opinion about the octave, it's the only octave I've ever tried so had no idea there were better ones out there, but I really love it. The octave is so organic and I love how you have to work to get the goods out of it, it's like three effects in one fuzz/octave/harmonic feedback depending on different pickup/vol/tone settings it's like a seperate instrument I get to play. Also love the fuzz have the Silicon and hybrid fuzz card, use the hybrid most, and the vibe is so thick and chewy.

11. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Wow, 13yr necro bump.

scolfax likes this.
  12. captaincoconut

captaincoconut Member