Captain Coconut 2 vibe replacement

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SAMO, Oct 12, 2014.

1. SAMO

SAMO Supporting Member

Being broke in grad school, and the fact that I don't use the fuzz or 'octavia' section of my CC2, has led me to decide to sell it:-(
    The thing is, the vibe section of the CC2 is just absolutely amazing!! I presumed I would just grab a FoxRox Aquavibe but…..The 'ECS' switch on the CC2 is the thing I love the most and this isn't a feature on the Aqua. With the 'ECS' switch engaged the throb of the vibe reacts to how hard you attack the strings and it is the coolest thing in the world. Is there any other vibe on the market that can do this?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Improviser

Improviser Member

The Aquavibe is a great pedal, and the one I'd suggest in your situation if you like the CC2 (I own both).

Why not contact Dave Fox @ Foxrox and see if it's possible to modify an Aquavibe pedal for you to include the ECS feature? Please let us know how you go if you do.

3. snouter

snouter Member

From what I understand that particular ECS circuit does not fit in the current AquaVibe enclosure.

4. SAMO

SAMO Supporting Member

Yeah Drak, that's what I'm starting to think. Been looking at vibes all week and I don't think this particular CC2 vibe can actually be replaced.

5. SAMO

SAMO Supporting Member

Decided to hang on to it while I search for a vibe replacement. Thanks for the input Drak!!

6. Benny

Benny Gold Supporting Member

I haven't seen another vibe with the CC2's ECS abilities. While different, if you're looking for envelope-controlled modulation, it might be worth checking out the Pigtronix Envelope Phaser, and the Strymon Ola's envelope mode. Again, these aren't going to be the same thing as the CC2.

7. SAMO

SAMO Supporting Member

Thanks Benny, will do.

8. JJCrowe

JJCrowe Member

that is the main problem with the CC2, the ECS vibe cannnot be replaced by anything! Trust me, you will look for replacements, and you won't find them... keep it!