Carbon Copy delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CocoTone, Apr 22, 2008.

1. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

Anyone have one? Impressions. Seems cheap enough, and I like the compact size.

CT.

2. drod2045

drod2045 Member

search function. TONs of info/threads/experience on this board. not tryin to be a jerk but there really is a lot

3. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

I find the search funtion on this BB hit and miss.

CT.

4. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

Let me revise that last post. The search function SUCKS!!!

CT.

5. KCWM

KCWM Member

actually, you can click the little advanced search tab and specfiy the forum you want to search in. Try searching for "MXR Carbon Copy" in quotations. You can also use an asterisk as a wild card in some situations.

The search function isn't bad, and while I'm not really a proponent of the "use the search function" response, there are a few cases where it's applicable, especially with a such a new pedal. There are ALOT of threads out there.

best of luck.

6. Doug59

Doug59 Supporting Member

7. KCWM

KCWM Member

8. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

Since you don't accept pms this is total spam but I have one in the classifieds. I like it but have no use for it except for spacing out and I really need a reverb pedal you can pm me with your email addy if you have any questions

9. CaptRonJon

CaptRonJon Member

I'll just say that the Guitar Center in Jackson, MS finally got one and I want to get one also so I decided to plug in and try it. It is awesome. Great analog delay and the "mod" button makes a huge difference when engaged. It's a great pedal and as soon as I get the money, that's the first pedal I'm going to get. It's really warm and great delay. It's perfect for a Gilmouresque delay effect. It also gets great oscillation effects. Get one as soon as you can.

10. KCWM

KCWM Member

There's an option to 'send email' that will provide you with his email address so that you can send him an email.

11. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

I do accept pm's. I don't know why its cahnged!!

Where are you?

CT.

12. KCWM

KCWM Member

I'm actually curious how it stacks up to the keeley modded Ibanez AD-9, feature and sound wise.

13. charmboy

charmboy Member

In my opinion it blows the Keeley modded AD-9 out of the water. The AD-9 is cool and I used mine for a year happily, but as soon as I tried the Carbon, the AD-9 was off my board in a matter of minutes. Just much more clear and crisp; while still retaining that great analog warmth, and the decay sounds incredible. I play with delay so much more since switching from the AD-9 to the CC... seriously!

If you decide you want the AD-9 instead though, let me know since I'm not using mine anymore ;)

14. charmboy

charmboy Member

Plus I forgot to mention, the CC has nearly double the delay time that the AD-9 does.

15. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

Is it quiet??

CT.

16. charmboy

charmboy Member

Yeah, I'd say it's quiet. I haven't really scrutinized that too much as an issue in itself, but I haven't noticed that it's not quiet or any noisier than the AD-9 that I had on my board prior... I've got a rehearsal in 1 1/2 hours, so I'll report back later tonight with a more specific answer.

17. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

how do you guys use it?

18. charmboy

charmboy Member

I use it mostly for medium delay (around 300 ms) with a few repeats... although, with the regen knob over on the left side, it's real easy to knock it into self oscillation with the edge of your foot, which I think I might do a little too often these days! Also, like it for longer spacey trails and occasional slapback.

19. KCWM

KCWM Member

I recently traded into the Keeley AD-9 but I've been considering the CC for a while, and since the CC is so reasonably priced, I could sell the AD-9 and pick up the CC for little, if anything, out of pocket.

Thanks for the input. I really like the AD-9, but I like a little bit longer delay. Oddly, I really like the danelectro dan-echo, but it has too many issues for me to keep using on a regular basis.

20. charmboy

charmboy Member

Exactly where I was when I bought the CC. In fact at times I had been using both the AD-9 for shorter delays and my early 80's boss dd-3 for longer stuff... while the CC doesn't cop as much delay time as the dd-3, it gave me enough delay time to lose the dd-3 and and consolidate into one pedal. And compared to the AD-9 it just sounds much better (imho of course!). The AD-9 just sounds muddy now in comparison. I know I sound like an MXR rep, but I just really love this thing. It's the first pedal I've bought since my Analogman SunLion (2 years ago) that has really blown me away.