Carbon Copy, how many versions?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vangit, Dec 26, 2009.

1. vangit

vangit Silver Supporting Member

Hey y'all. I'm looking for an analog delay and have reading great stuff about the CC. Are they up to a version 2, or has there just been one? If there is a version 2, how can i tell which is which if i am going to buy used?
    Info is appreciated

2. buckkillr8

buckkillr8 Member

There's only 2 versions. If you're buying used, chances are even if you got a 1st version, it would of been sent back and repaired or it just never had a problem. I think the only real problem with the first ones when they first came out was the mod switch quit working. Almost all the CC's you'll see now are ver. 2.

3. Voxguy76

Voxguy76 Member

There are 2 versions. The second is by far the best IMHO. However version 1 can be modified to version 2. I just received mine back from Dunlop as they had modded my version 1 to 2. The modulation is much more distinct on version 2. On the first version the modulation was so faint you could hardly notice it at all.
    To find out if a pedal is version 1 or 2, here's a quote from a previous CC thread:

"AB03-------- and up is V2. But the most telling difference is when you open it up, there should be a 000 ohm resistor in R7 for it to be V2 (which is the modulation mod). The latter was told to me from tech support at MXR/Dunlop. V1 will have a 470 ohm resistor in R7"

4. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

5. vangit

vangit Silver Supporting Member

Thanks allot for the info!