1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Carbon Copy problems!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by larsove, May 21, 2011.

1. larsove

larsove Member

Iv'e had a MXR Carbon Copy for about 3 years and I love the Oscillation it does, and how easy it happens. But now it has stopped doing this, the delays just fades out. If I want those Oscillation tones I have to set the "Delay"knob between 10- and 7-O clock and the "Regen" knob at 5 O clock. Anyone else had this problem?

- Lars Ove, Norway.

2. Remington_A

Remington_A Member

Hi Lars! Remington from Dunlop here.

Are you referring to the infinite delay loops you get if you put the regen too high? If so, you can try running the Carbon Copy at 18 Volts instead of 9 Volts which increases the sensitivity of the regen knob.

If you think the pedal needs some kind of repair or this does not answer your question, please feel free to call our Tech Support Department and they will assist you. You can either call our main number at 707-745-2722 and ask for "tech support" or email them at techsupport@jimdunlop.com.

3. larsove

larsove Member

Thanks!
    I found out that my Burkey Flatliner PROs 9VCD outlets delivered around 9,5 - 10 VDC and my Cioks DC10 delivered exactly 9. I now use the 15VDC outlet on my Cioks and it works as a dream!

4. Remington_A

Remington_A Member

I'm glad you figured it out! I posted this in another thread but here is a full explanation:

The Carbon Copy can be ran at any voltage between 9 and 18 volts. Although internally the Carbon Copy is designed to regulate the voltage back down to 9 volts, it's not 100% perfect therefore it will be running at a voltage slightly higher than 9 volts. The increased voltage will reduce the decay effect and make the delay repeats increasingly more present/brighter, more defined/clear, and slightly louder as you increase the voltage from 9 volts up to 18 volts. Make sure to back down on the "mix" and "regen" knobs as the increase in voltage tends to make these knobs more sensitive.

5. jazzomattic

jazzomattic Member

I love the Carbon Copy tone, but am having some reliability issuesÂ…the main one, is that sometimes when I have the CC in the loop of my amp and use the overdrive channel, the delay repeats are super loud (louder than my playing) and seem to continue a very long time. I know this kind of thing to happen if I had the delay in front of the amp (before O.D.), but why would it do this in the loop? It seems unpredictable- doesn't happen all the time, just some gigs it decides to go crazy on channel 2 and I either have to turn the mix WAY down, or just use my DD7 for everything.

Chain:
    Front of amp (Bogner Shiva):
    Clyde wha-AC Booster-Zvex Box of Rock- Polytune

In LOOP: Mooer Chorus- Phase 90- Carbon Copy-Boss DD7

6. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

You can run a Carbon Copy at 18v and it makes the repeats brighter?!?!?!?!?!

Bombshell!

7. Coldacre

Coldacre Supporting Member

weird bump. thread is 3 years old