Carbon Copy Trimpots

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hilikus, Dec 20, 2009.

1. hilikus

hilikus Member

So, how's actually messed with those, I once did but the results were really disappointing, no difference at all, did I do something wrong? I really like my CC but a bit of extra warble and chorus wouldn't hurt, does anybody have any clips of before and after the trimpot adjustments? thanks

2. chervokas

chervokas Member

I haven't played with the mod trim pots. I found the mod effect w/ factory settings kind of useless--so subtle that it gets lost especially when the whole band is raging, or at least it's audible only as a kind of dulling and swallowing up of the repeats. I find that in a moderately loud band setting it much more effective to use the device with the modulation effect switched out entirely, and in a studio setting I don't record with delay effects going in.

3. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

If you have version 1, the modulation trimpots will not do much. Dunlop/MXR will upgrade your CC to version 2 for free, which will give you much more modulation than version 1.

Do a search here and you will find out how to tell which version you have. (You will need to open the back of the CC and look at the value printed a particular resistor.)

4. Voxguy76

Voxguy76 Member

+1 Just got mine back after being upgraded from V1 to a V2. HUGE difference with regards to the modulation. Lots of warble available now.

5. deathbyska76

deathbyska76 Member

yeah, v1 modulation suckedddddd. i used to fiddle with the trim pots on that, and it didnt do ANYTHING haha. i dont even remember ever actually hearing the modulation on the v1