Not open for further replies.

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer
IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

These prices are for guitars that we have in stock. Prices on future instruments will be higher. If you've ordered or have been quoted a price, I will happily honor that commitment. Sorry for any confusion.

Formica DeLuxe - $299 (SOLD) Thanks, v-verb!!
- serial # 0705
- 25.5" scale
- pine body
- oak neck / mesquite fretboard
- pups wound by me unpotted/low output
- quality hardware (CTS, Switchcraft etc..)

Cedar Fever - $349 (SOLD) Thanks, Mr. Cline!!
- serial #0703
- 25.5 scale
- juniper body
- walnut neck w/mesquite fretboard
- copper topped custom pups
- hardware as above

We use locally harvested and salvaged woods. Thin oil finishes. Superb playability and lovely Tele/ Dano tones. You can't go wrong with either of these.

Lots of Formica/Pine models ready to ship. Some fancier stuff on the way.

Add $25 for shipping in the US of A.

murkat

I like sea otters
Silver Supporting Member
Why do i like the white one......... some back and side shots please... :)

EunosFD

Man, there's something about the shape that I really, really dig.

+1 for more pics too. :)

What are the necks like? Chunky, thin, other? Nut width?

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer
Website soon. Domain name is registered, and I'm getting quotes/ideas from different site designers (that means you, hansoloist!).

More pics tomorrow at the latest.

I carve all the necks by hand, and I tend to the chunky side. .88" to .92" at the 1st fret and .90" to .94" at the 12th. I can vary to taste to a certain degree. All are a standard C-carve.

The pine and the cedar (actually a local juniper species) bodies are air dried. +/- 18 months. Walnut neck is air dried. Oak and mesquite were kiln dried.

WARNING!!! If the wood has cosmetic flaws, I will still use it. Dings, worm holes etc. NOTHING major, just good old character. I do have some pristine pine and mesquite bodies in the works.

I use tung oil finishes. It looks good wears well, the customer can do finish touch-ups his/herself. And I don't have to breathe VOCs. It's not fancy, but it works well.

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
I want one.

But I want to know more about the oak & mesquite instruments.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Any photos of the backs? It looks like the e strings are really close to the edges of the neck. can you take some better photos of the string spacing?

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer
I want one.

But I want to know more about the oak & mesquite instruments.

Watcha wanna know, bro?

String spacing in the pics is deceiving. The guitars are tilted and it makes it appear that the high E is on the edge of the neck. It's not.

Bedtime. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

John Hurtt

Platinum Supporting Member
I might have missed this, but I'm assuming these are bolt on's? Can we get a look at the back?

michael.e

Man, there's something about the shape that I really, really dig.

+1 for more pics too. :)

What are the necks like? Chunky, thin, other? Nut width?

They look like these.

modelt.jpg

Did you take inspiration from the construcion techniques?
Would you consider putting a Fendery wanky bar on one?
Your pine guitar looks very cool! GREAT prices! I would love to hear them also. Killer headstock design! I will be looking in to these.
Emee

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer
They look like these.

modelt.jpg

Did you take inspiration from the construcion techniques?
Would you consider putting a Fendery wanky bar on one?
Your pine guitar looks very cool! GREAT prices! I would love to hear them also. Killer headstock design! I will be looking in to these.
Emee
IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Mesquite above is SOLD! Thanks, Bob.

I started with the Turner, but took more from the Kay Kraft that inspired Rick. Mine are bolt-ons as well.

I have a local player who wants a Jazzmaster vibrato. I'll do a one-off, but it'll be an upcharge. No plans at the moment for a Strat style.

Color is white. I did a run of eight. Other colors will be available, but we are a month out on those. Powder blue, red, yellow, black, orange and a few I've forgotten.

Pickups are a hot lipstick style. It sounds like a Tele/lipstick cross. Neck is 4.5k - 5.5k. Bridge is around 6k.

Thanks for all the great feedback. We've put in a tremendous amount of thought, work and R&D. I hope it shows.

If any of you are in the Austin area, feel free to come by the shop.

I'll post a few more pics soon.

LVC

can you post a back shot picture of Cedar Fever?

Also what is the up-charge for a tone control and vibrato?

Great price --- these make great Christmas gifts.

Laz

LVC

got your Cedar pictures -- put me down for one (still need info on tone control and vibrato).

Can you get one to me before Christmas?

thanks

EunosFD

Yes, that Turner is what I was thinking of. I actually prefer the shape of these to the Turner (I think it's the lower cutaway shape that does it for me). Very cool indeed & I may very well have to finagle some gear around & pony up for one.

What nut width do you use? Any chance of doing one with a slightly wider (say 1 3/4" or maybe slightly wider) neck?

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer
Yes, that Turner is what I was thinking of. I actually prefer the shape of these to the Turner (I think it's the lower cutaway shape that does it for me). Very cool indeed & I may very well have to finagle some gear around & pony up for one.

What nut width do you use? Any chance of doing one with a slightly wider (say 1 3/4" or maybe slightly wider) neck?

Thank you, sir. 1-11/16" nut width. Sorry, other widths not available at this time.

I LOVE the Model-T!! I changed the lower bout as to not step on Rick's toes.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

I started with the Turner, but took more from the Kay Kraft that inspired Rick. Mine are bolt-ons as well.

I have a local player who wants a Jazzmaster vibrato. I'll do a one-off, but it'll be an upcharge. No plans at the moment for a Strat style.

Color is white. I did a run of eight. Other colors will be available, but we are a month out on those. Powder blue, red, yellow, black, orange and a few I've forgotten.

Pickups are a hot lipstick style. It sounds like a Tele/lipstick cross. Neck is 4.5k - 5.5k. Bridge is around 6k.

Thanks for all the great feedback. We've put in a tremendous amount of thought, work and R&D. I hope it shows.

If any of you are in the Austin area, you can check Cardinals out at Austin Vintage Guitars. www.austinvintageguitars.com Ask for Steve.

I'll post a few more pics soon.

How much for that exact dark wood guitar in the photo? What wood is it? If its available Id like to buy it.

You can email me at [email protected] if you like.

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
and I feel FINE!:D

Hey Y'all, these guitars are the real deal (in every sense of those words). Sam is a great guy, with a cool concept and I am proud to now own #3 (and the first Cedar Fever). The pickups are great single coils with their own voice and VERY little noise. Everything else is the perfect combination of form, funky and function. A volume knob, a 3 way switch, nice neck (meaty but not too...)...What else do you need!?!?!

I'm fixin' to play it all night. More detailed report to follow.

LVC

and I feel FINE!:D

Hey Y'all, these guitars are the real deal (in every sense of those words). Sam is a great guy, with a cool concept and I am proud to now own #3 (and the first Cedar Fever). The pickups are great single coils with their own voice and VERY little noise. Everything else is the perfect combination of form, funky and function. A volume knob, a 3 way switch, nice neck (meaty but not too...)...What else do you need!?!?!

I'm fixin' to play it all night. More detailed report to follow.

That was suppose to be my guitar!!!!!! OK so now i will have to wait a couple of weeks.

It is earmarked for my son --- but I will probably end up keeping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom