Care to hear some twangin' Jere Mendelsohn?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by AndyZ, Sep 28, 2005.

1. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Hey guys, my partner and I just finished producing our latest artist. His name is Jere Mendelsohn and is one serious Twang-Meister! A bunch of you LA guys already know Jere from the Country scene here. He plays phenomenally, he writes great tunes, he sings great! He's backed some name artists up in the past. He's sort of Roots-Rock/Alt Country. Kinda like a more rocked up version of the Traveling Wilburys.

I have 4 shorter clips on the site if you'd like to check it out. Full songs are not available yet on the site on purpose. I know this ain't exactly everyone's cup of tea style wise, but I sure wouldn't mind any constructive critism on the limited clips if at all possible. These are pre mastered tracks. My buddy Joe Gastwirt who is gonna master this has done every Grateful Dead album, Bob Dylan, The Hellecasters, Jewel, the remasted Hendrix catalog and a billion others, so I know it's gonna be great sounding sonically. Won't be in for about 2 weeks though.

We've got some biggun session guys helping out too. Taras Prodaniuk on bass from Lucinda Williams and Dwight Yoakums band. Mike Baird from Journey, Billy Idol, Steely Dan on drums, and also Matt Laug on drums from Alanis Morrisette, Slash's band, The Corrs and more on one tune Final Destination. Legendary acoustic session player/producer John Hug on a few acoustic tracks too.

The site is http://www.jeremendelsohn.com

Thanks in advance for listening! Comments are surely welcome too!

2. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Andy, great job man. For those not familiar with Jere but who are into twangin Teles, good singin and song-writing, Jere is someone you want to hear. Even though I've never seen him in a cowboy hat, I know he's one of the good guys--but he's an absolute terror on a Tele!!! You go Jere!!!

3. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Thanks Leon! Jere is definitely not part of the cowboy hat style. More of the roots/rockabilly look live. There are now a few live shots on his site too. Here's a promo one with Nocaster in hand.

[​IMG]

4. Twangmeister

Twangmeister Supporting Member

Andy and Leon- thanks for the props, guys. We're hoping to get something going after all the time we've spent trying to figure out what I do. Although I haven't spent much time here on TGP, I'm as much of a GAS-A-Holic as everyone else (although my stuff isn't very esoteric). Sorry, no hats for me- they make me sweat, which really does a number on the Velcro holding down my hair! :D

I've never been totally comfortable with the "country guitar player" label (not that there's anything wrong with it!). It's just that the Tele hybrid style of pick and fingers worked out for me for many styles, so I stuck with it.
    Plus, it gives you a different niche to mine when most of the other players are doing the pick only thing. And then, of course, there's Greg V, who's all naked fingers, which Greg'll tell ya feels just GREAT!

Hope to have the EP CD available within a few weeks. Thanks for stopping by, and see you further on up the road....

5. Greg V.

Greg V. Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I'm soooo happy to see this CD coming out and can't wait to hear Jere jamming in my car! Jere is a MONSTER triple threat: player, singer, writer an absolute MONSTER!

Jere, Andy the tracks sound great and with Joe Gastwirt mastering coming soon, WOW! All the best success on this release, you deserve tons of praise and I hope the Industry folks grab onto this...

For you lurkers go check out Jere's tunes and high-octane pickin' A Class Act all the way.