Caring for a rosewood neck

Yossi

I have an all Brazilian neck and board on a PRS Modern Eagle that does fine without any special services required. Just watch humidity and wipe off the muck with a proper rag and you're good. If you use some lemon oil on occasion on the fretboard it's also fine.

What guitar do you have with a rosewood neck?

Pseudohobbit

I've been looking at a few strats with rosewood necks, but I didn't know how to care for them. I didn't want to buy before having the knowledge.

Yossi

I have a strat with a rosewood fret board and a maple neck. I'm guessing that's what you're looking at. You have no more worries with rosewood than with any other wood. Good luck.

71strat

Ive had my 71 Strat with rosewood neck since new.

Other than keeping it wiped off properly Ive Never done anything to it.

73Fender

Many threads and opinions on this subject. Have heard comments from well known builders and luthiers cautioning against too much treatment as it can leach under the frets. I use Fret Dr on rare occasion, but just a little bit on the rag..like a drop or two. Regular mineral oil is probably just as good.

Naptha for gunk. If you simply must oil, do so sparingly, once or twice a year. I find that if I just play my rosewood board guitars, they stay "well hydrated" enough. I've really never needed to oil a rosweood board.

shane8

in theory rosewood needs no lube :)

it probably gets enough grease off your fingers (or nose as someone with an unusual technique said)

ShaunzNoiz

PRS told me to use Pledge. Yes, the furniture polish. We are talking a solid rosewood neck and not just the fretboard, correct?

I do it maybe once a year.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom