• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Carl Martin Octa-Switch lovers?

sodapopinski

I have one and have been using it for about 5 months, i love the fact that you can combine pedals from different loops and that it has 8 "channels" to save these setting.
Does anyone else have one? i haven't heard much about it on here.
it is a bit bulky, but i threw it on a Pedaltrain Pro and it fits well

let me hear your opinions :)

Rid

Limited because our customers wanted a simple 8 loopswitcher:)
So we made it that way due to that request....and it does not cost 550$ either.

jamison162

Limited because our customers wanted a simple 8 loopswitcher:)
So we made it that way due to that request....and it does not cost 550$ either.
It's huge for what it does though. I opted to spend the extra money, save pedal board space and get much, much more functionality. Still, it's a great product and I'm sure a lot of folks dig it.

Rid

Well it is long, as some also prefer that over bank scrolling and such.
Big market, lots of different stuff for all.

Sniper-V

Its a cool piece, with a good size, and a decent price. I ordered one when they were first introduced. I didn't end up keeping it because:

• There is no way to bypass all the switches and go straight in. Another words, go guitar to amp. You would essentially have to make that a preset (w/ no DIPs engaged) so it takes away one preset so 7 is what you are left with. You'd figure pressing a preset will switch on and off, doesn't work like that. A preset will always be on.

• I'm not sure if I liked the silent switches, I kinda want to feel a "click" on these Loopers.

• Not a big deal, but no manual was included?

• I called Carl Martin direct to ask some tech questions and didn't get all that much help on this product. Actually I don't think they knew the answers to my questions.

Its priced way more but I ended up with a Gigrig Pro-14 and am happy with it.

Last edited:

sodapopinski

I'm not sure if I liked the silent switches, I kinda want to feel a "click" on these Loopers.
Thats funny, i LOVE the silent switches, they are like pillows for my feet, it doesnt take much to engage them, i have a tiny loopmaster with 3 switches and i wish i could make them soft switches, but he told me it was impossible...

and i agree with you about the lack of a bypass button, but overall i'm really digging it. I dont need 100 presets, so im fine with the 8 channels, i like the limitations it keeps you honest as a player... and i dont find myself CONSTANTLY tweaking like i used to when i had a POD XT Live and 1000 channels.

To each his own :)

jamiefbolton

i really want one... only i need to conserve pedalboard space....how about version 2 being about half the size?? i'd have one the day it came out!

sodapopinski

i really want one... only i need to conserve pedalboard space....how about version 2 being about half the size?? i'd have one the day it came out!
Dude, it is big, i wish it could be smaller... but it fits well on a PT Pro, i'll try and post some pics of my board later tomorrow.
im just surprised there aren't any other users :(

Trending Topics