Carl Martin Octaswicth

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SHM, Jan 25, 2008.

1. SHM

SHM Member

2. cgrav

cgrav Member

I have one and will probably sell it. It's a great box, I just didn't pay close enough attention before ordering. I was hoping for something closer to a loop-master. Just single true bypass effects loops. This is a patch box that will give you 8 different pedal combos. I just use too many pedal combos to make this work. If you are looking for a middle ground between a Ground Control Midi fest and the loop masters, this might be it. I love the Carl Martin stuff though, it's always solid... been using the Delayla for years.

3. Birddog

Birddog Member

I was "this close" to ordering one. Then, I got thinking the same thing. I recently went from a multi-effects unit back to all single pedals on my board (lots of pedals). I did it for the flexibility. Going through the Octa-switch would have robbed some of the flexibility again. Right now, if I just want to switch on a touch of phase or flange during a solo for effect, I just tap. With the Octa, you'd have to have a pre-set made where that (those) pedals were active. It looks like a great piece of equipment, but would have been a step backward for me.

If you are playing a few sounds that you stick with consistently, I'm sure it would be an asset.

4. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Keep a lookout for a used MusicomLab Switcher. Or get the MkII.

Expensive ($600 shipped from Korea I think) but there's nothing like it. 8 Loops, over 100 presets, small footprint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I don't understand your comments, can you explain?

Seems to me like what you got with the Octaswitch was, in actuality, 8 true bypass loops. The switches are really just extra gravy. Is there something I'm not aware of that prevents you from simply assigning one pedal apiece per loop and just not using the extra capacity to have particular stomp-switches turn on more than one pedal at a time if you wanted them to?

6. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

Exactly my thoughts. :confused:

7. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

voodoo labs has a pretty cool system where you can hook up all your pedals, turn em on and off one by one, or in combination.

i forget what it is called.

looks big and expensive though.:D

8. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Well the Combi 3 is getting along slowly.....it will feature on/off switching for each loop, the usual presets...buffer on/off for each loop, buffer in, buffer out, all can be either switched on or off...
    And it will no be cheap by a long shot;)