Carl Martin Octaswitch on the way!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by celestion101, Apr 25, 2008.

1. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

I've been considering this or a GigRig for sometime as I want to do more playing and less dancing. I used to have a rack/GCX rig which was cool but I missed having the pedals out front. I considerd the various loopers but idea of presets via dipswitches was very attractive. Carl Martin is known for building great products and the price was smoking when compared with the GigRig. Th GigRig does a few more things, but the dollar vs. GBP is so sideways right now that even my "industry accomodation" price was steep (they are a UK company). I am hoping that this is all I think it will be!:AOK

2. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

Keep us posted - a friend of mine is really interested in one of these but no one we know has ever used one.

3. celestion101

I'll let you know. Others here own them but nobody has chimed in.

4. shood

shood Member

I am also very interested to hear how this works for you.

Will some of the pedals you will be looping require you to change settings on the pedal on the fly in addition to taking them in and out of your signal chain with the Octa-Switch?

(For instance, I would still need to switch settings on my DD-20 & Modfactor, and switch channels/engage boost on my Switchbone - I am wondering how much tap-dancing I will truly be able to eliminate)

These run for about $300, right?

5. blood5150

blood5150 Member

give us a review when you get it!

6. celestion101

I do not need to change settings so I'm ok. It still will save you turning one off and another on, but it's down to what works for you.

7. fenderball

fenderball Supporting Member