Carl Martin

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jamison162, Jun 6, 2006.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Is the Carl Martin stuff any good? I know they have been around for a long time. Kinda seem old school to me but I don't guess I've ever really heard any of there pedals. No sound clips that I can find.

I'm really interested in the Quattro, and even the Combinator 2.

Thanks!

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I highly recommend Carl Martin, everything they make is very well built and sounds excellent. Their Compressor Limiter, TheFUZZ and the Hot Drive and Boost series are stellar. I haven't played through the Quattro, but that's just a matter of time.

[​IMG]

3. Electric I

Electric I Member

I'm a fan of their para eq & plexitone.

4. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

Got the Chorus XII & it's a classy, versatile pedal. A bit taller than others but still looks fine on my board.

5. elambo

elambo Member

I have his compressor and I think it's great. It won't do much to your tone.

6. Judson

Judson Senior Member

Ive had a Delayla XL for a long time now and i love it. Its such a great sound I use it on everything I record even. Verry nice warm sound and built like a tank.

7. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

loving my original Delayla........used to have a Chorus xII.....great chorus w/ 2 channels........i love the reliability of their stuff and their buffers sound great.......studio quality all around

8. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

I'm contemplating buying a CM Compressor as it seems to be right up the same alley as the TC Electronics Sustain+ (which I've been searching high & low for with no luck). Meaning: the CM is also a studio-quality piece of gear in stompbox form just like the TC's. I've heard nothing but praise for CM equipment so I have no reservations about buying their products and in my case it's a viable alternative to the gear I initially wished to buy. They're a bit pricey, but they seem to be built like tanks and if they sound as good as everyone says then they're worth a look and used they can be had for quite reasonable prices.

9. andershoeg

andershoeg Member

I've got the Delayla XL and the Hydra Boost. Very nice sounding pedals, and very well build! No complains here! Hydra is very silent (for a boost, that is), and the Delayla XL is silent too. All in all I highly recommend these pedals!
    B.R. andershoeg

10. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

+1 on the chorus. Sounds great clean or after od/distortion.