Carlos' smooth jazz track - on slide guitar

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by KirkLorange, Sep 19, 2005.

1. KirkLorange

KirkLorange Member

2. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

Kirk,

I love your playing.

3. Marcello

Marcello Member

man that was cool !

sounded like jan hammer, tasty phrasing

4. hemlock

hemlock Guest

Sweet! Great phrasing and really interesting tone.

5. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey kirk!!!!!!!!!!
    your smokin' bro!!!!!!!!!!
    myles

6. L5player

L5player Member

Kirk,

That was amazing! Love the tone and expression. One of my favorite takes over this. :)

Jim

7. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Very cool, sounds like slide, but then again very different. Almost a cross between Hammer synth and Beck with trem.:dude

Peace,
    Duffy

8. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

I total agree with Jim, Kirk you are swiming in your element here, tone and playing exquisite and VERY personal, as I always comment about your clips I can feel like the guitar is talking, expressing exactly what you want to say. About my own work now I finding out the backing track lack a bit of liveness, maybe caused because for this song I did use band in a box as start point for midi instrumental structuration, altough quality samples were used after that, the track sound a bit "lineal", sometimes it does not bring a optimal emotional curve for soloing, for example piano and bass have not much musical content modification from the "machine like" Band in a Box original tracks. I will try to work and enhance instrumental parts in the way I usually do. promise! I feel that can be a sorta of wall obstacle for soloist trying to "fly" over it...and is my blame :jo . However I am amazed...beside of others few takes your is clean and really full of vibe and expression! now is my track that need some revision! lol ... GREAT kirk !
    :dude

Carlos

9. headstack

headstack Member

Bravo!!
    That is some of the tastiest slide I have heard in ages.
    I used to engineer at a studio Dave Tronzo played at sometimes. In those days, he played really great blues and you sir, have brought back those memories. Thanks!:)