• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Carlton => 335 => BludoTone (w/pic)

theHoss

I went and checked out the Carlton/Ford show last night. What a great pairing. Absolutely wonderful musicians who have mutual respect and admiration for one another. They seem really excited to be playing for a fan base of musicians. You could tell they sincerely appreciated the cheers and standing ovations they received.

I was very interested to hear the 'Dueling Dumbles'. However, later I found out that Larry had some issues at sound check so he quickly had to swap amps. Being in CO I guess they contacted Brandon from BludoTone and he was able to get him a BludoDrive in time for the show. What a nice surprise that was for us CO folks. We we able to hear Carlton through one of our great local builders. Larry sounded amazing as did the Bludo. Here is a pic I hurriedly snapped.

les

Platinum Supporting Member
Wow! thanks for sharing... As a Bludo owner, I know first hand that Brandon's amps are fantastic. Nice to know that Larry sounded as good as usual with the Bludo-drive. I'll have to talk to Brandon to get the scoop!

Mike

I went and checked out the Carlton/Ford show last night. What a great pairing. Absolutely wonderful musicians who have mutual respect and admiration for one another. They seem really excited to be playing for a fan base of musicians. You could tell they sincerely appreciated the cheers and standing ovations they received.

I was very interested to hear the 'Dueling Dumbles', but later I found out that Larry had some issues at sound check so he quickly had to swap amps. Being in CO I guess they contacted Brandon from BludoTone and he was able to get him a BludoDrive in time for the show. What a great surprise that was for us CO folks. Getting to hear Carlton through one of our great local builders. Larry sounded amazing as did the Bludo. Here is a pic I hurriedly snapped.

:eek:

Wow! Congrats Brandon!

Mike

theHoss

No sweat. It was a pretty cool moment for the CO contingent. Years ago I heard the first Bludos at a local blues Jam when Brandon would bring them out. Brandon is a great player and always sounded killer. Then getting to hear the amp with Carlton at the helm, it was really pretty special.

les

No sweat. It was a pretty cool moment for the CO contingent. Years ago I heard the first Bludos at a local blues Jam when Brandon would bring them out. Brandon is a great player and always sounded killer. Then getting to hear the amp with Carlton at the helm, it was really pretty special.
I saw the show last year and Larry was so good and so dialed in the night I saw him.

Robben and Larry - it doesn't get much better IMO.

Were they just a quartet or did they have a keyboard player?

theHoss

Just the quartet. It was the first time I had seen them, and ithey just smoked. The entire show just built up to this crescendo where they were trading passages. It was really amazing. Then they came out and did this duet as an encore, simple, soulful, intertwined melodies....breathtaking.

les

Just the quartet. It was the first time I had seen them, and ithey just smoked. The entire show just built up to this crescendo where they were trading passages. It was really amazing. Then they came out and did this duet as an encore, simple, soulful, intertwined melodies....breathtaking.
Two of the best guitarists trading licks! And like you said, they both have a great respect for each other and that shows up in their playing off of one another.

Sounds similar to the show I saw, except they are probably more comfortable with the material, etc...

Glad you enjoyed it.... wish I could have been there to hear Larry thru a Bludo-drive!

theHoss

Robben was using a Dumbleator (at least it was in his rack) and he had two Dumbles in his rig.

BudLite

Silver Supporting Member
Ya think Robben woulda let Larry borrow one:D...How did their tones compare, smae as always or could you tell Larry was playing a different amp?

les

Ya think Robben woulda let Larry borrow one:D...How did their tones compare, smae as always or could you tell Larry was playing a different amp?
Larry never uses a Dumblelator - runs a wet and dry setup.