carmen ghia 2x10 or 1x12

cameron

Look for threads about 1x12" vs. 2x10" in general. There's really nothing Ghia-specific to be added to the debates.

pedalcr8z

Owned both........the 2x10 was MUCH better.....smoother, more wallup also........1x12 was very bright.

JackButler

Gold Supporting Member
Julian, given your past likes and styles, I say steer clear of the 10"'s. I like 10's just fine and love playing them, but when it comes to the band I don't. Simply put I like the punch a 10 gets, but like the umph of the lows a 12 better. Hell, get a head and have a cab made with one of each!

TheGrooveking

Tough call, I have both a Carmen Ghia 210 and a Carmen Ghia head that I run into either a 1-12" Thiele cab loaded with a EVM12L or a CAA 1-12 Cube loaded with a Celestion Alnico Blue. Both combinations are excellent. I found the 210 to be more in your face and a little more articulate. The 1-12" are a little warmer, especially the Alnico Blue.

TheGrooveking

prsnstrat

Look for threads about 1x12" vs. 2x10" in general. There's really nothing Ghia-specific to be added to the debates.

Disagree here. The Z 10's are a different animal. And he makes his combos to sound BIG. To me, the ghia 2x10 combo didnt sound that much different than a head and 2x12 cab. Slightly tighter bass and mids, but that was it. YMMV yadda yadda, but I have really picky ears and the Z 2x10s sound huge. The ghia is a great amp.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom