Carol Ann 17 watt Prototype new clips !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jharpersj, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jharpersj

jharpersj Silver Supporting Member

Alan was cool enough to lend me the new 17 watt prototype head for a few days and I did a clip. I am a heavy rock guy at heart but attempted to show the other side of the amp which is more on the class A bluesy kinda thing. I also tried to switch pickup positions during the clip so you can here some of that going on. The clip was not meant to showcase my playing in anyway shape or form but just to give the listener a perspective of some of whats in that amp. It very cool in that you can get all kinds of tones from clean to breakup to meltdown with just some adjustments to the volume level. It is also very big sounding but the volume is not bad at all, very very cool amp (disclaimer I'm a friend of Alan's so yes I'm biased :>).

For the cleaner part of the clip I used an alder maple neck anderson strat, for the meltdown section its a Les Paul Standard. Cabs were a Avatar standard cab with a G12H30 and a Eminence Governor and a Carol Ann Cab with EV's. The amp was recorded with a E609 mic into protools, there are no effects, compresson or EQ of anykind on the clips. Here is the link, its the last clip with the monkey picture. Thanks !

http://www.myspace.com/carolanncustomamplifiers

2. bizzwriter

bizzwriter Member

17 watts??? That first clip sounds HUGE.

3. jharpersj

Thats whats cool about it 1-KT88 and its very big sounding for a low wattage amp

4. TPC168

TPC168 Member

I can't access myspace from my work computer so I can't hear the clips, but what does the amp look like. Can you post some pics. Thanks
    I'm sure it sounds great!!

5. jharpersj

No pics yet its in a prototype form so its just in a random chasis used to test stuff, pics coming soon tho !