• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Carol Ann Amps - Thread XVII

Mikeroesoft

Silver Supporting Member
Wow...17k civil CA posts. This is what TGP is all about! I have followed these for 5 years. I played my CA Revo45 today for the first time on a while. What a great sounding amp!!

Jason_86_951

Silver Supporting Member
Let's chat attenuators, anyone have an Aracom? I'm looking to get a little more into the power tubes of a Texas 50 without angering the wife too much.

Opinions?

jrigg

Platinum Supporting Member
I use an Alex attenuator with my OD-2, these are the ones now made by Scumbag. It's awesome, works great with my CA, plexi, Hiwatt etc.

I like high powered amps and couldn't live without it.

Jason_86_951

Silver Supporting Member
I guess I missed this boat......what was the deal with this? Why aren't there more?

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
I think Alan built a few amps that replicated a vintage amp so the owner of the vintage amp could take the replica on the road.

I had the opportunity to play a replica of a TW Express that Alan made a few years ago for the same purpose. That amp was awesome.

BTW, I was able to play through my OD2 this evening for a bit. What an amazing sounding amp.... I am not worthy....

Played it through my StoneAge 1x12 loaded with a EV12L

istantodf

Subscribed. Again. For the sole purpose of having my mind made up for me concerning next year's amp purchase. Thank you all for your endless amount of great info about CA amps. Love reading this stuff.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Why do so many write "subscribed".......what are they expecting to happen?
I'm expecting to get an email, everytime someone posts in this Carol Ann thread. Even your posts count. :aok

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
You actually have to subscribe though.......no reason to write in down in a post....?
No, I don't have to do anything, but I prefer to use the subscription method. It works for me.

I also prefer cream in my coffee, as opposed to milk. And no sugar. :dunno

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Why are you turning this into something it isn't?
Just saying that to subscribe and receive emails, one has to subscribe.
Maybe some of the posters don't know this??
Just writing "Subscribe" in a post won't lead to you receiving an email that there was a new post in this thread.
I typed "subscribed", meaning that I physically subscribed to this thread. I'm giving the new posters the benefit of the doubt, I guess.

I'm not starting anything, really. I just didn't understand your point. It's all good. Rock on.

Carol-AnnAmps

Subscribed. Again. For the sole purpose of having my mind made up for me concerning next year's amp purchase. Thank you all for your endless amount of great info about CA amps. Love reading this stuff.
Thank you !! I visited Turkey many years ago and ventured away from the tourist places. Met some of the warmest and friendliest people ever. Nothing more cool than bartering with local shop owners over a cup of tea and a Marlboro !! You don't need to speak the same language to get a deal done.

Trending Topics