Carol Ann Amps - Thread XVII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stratovarius, Dec 7, 2014.

1. In Absentia

In Absentia Supporting Member

Some people find something else they want more, or they are in dire straits financially, or just really like drugs a lot lol.

2. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

That 18W combo on Reverb is *so* tempting....#holdmeback

3. pete12string

pete12string Supporting Member

Yeah, really looking at it. There’s also a Louis Electric Tornado that’s for sale in the emporium local to NJ...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    cherrysunburst00 and saltydogg like this.
  4. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

The guy has 234 positive 5 star feedback rating...he also states it's fully functional and better than the conservative "very good" condition description.
    When I see something like that...I don't worry.

When I bought my TX-50...it was from a guy who bought it a few months earlier, because I know, I was looking at it too. I think he bought it for like $2500 if I recall...and sold it to me for $1900...a super steal.
    Also...the guy and amp were now in Saudi Arabia!!!
    Well...I was a bit concerned and also wondered why the fast turnaround and low price.
    He said he tries a lot of gear and turns it over...and his rep supported that. He also said not to worry about the shipping from Saudi Arabia.
    The amp arrived in like 3-4 days!!! Perfect condition, no shipping issues...and I got it for a crazy price. :)
    That's not the first time I bought quality gear for an unusually low price...some people just want to move stuff.

I feel the same way...I sold a bunch of gear at buyer friendly prices...because I wanted to move it. It didn't matter what I thought was worth. It mattered what prices would move it, and it was worth more to me to sell it at a very reasonable price, than cling to it because I thought it was worth a lot more.
    I see sellers do that all the time...put ridiculous prices on gear because they are thinking about the price they paid for it, or they have some dumb emotional attachment to something they are trying to sell...and the stuff just sits there. They get 30 watchers...and no one is buying.
    TBH...in the Emporium there are a lot of amps for sale that are priced like that...and week after week they sit there, unsold.
    Anyway...that's my observation and opinion. :)

5. saltydogg

Two different horses imo.

LE: 30W/EL34 (tight/bold/headroom)
    CA: 18W/EL84 (looser/less forward/little headroom)

I would not be concerned about something being wrong with that 18W on Reverb at all. Look at the background of those pics, he’s not living in a trailer-park, he has stainless-steel appliances!! :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

I wish headroom wasn't a need for me right now, that amp would be on it's way to my house by now...

7. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

I just scored a Louis Electric Baby Bluesbreaker 1x12 combo this weekend. :cool:
    It runs KT66/6L6 tubes for about 40W/35W. Old-school build/wiring, clean and Rock-ready, with a fairly large size 1x12 cab. It's coming unloaded...so I've got a few speakers to try with it when it gets here...looks like by the end of the week, still didn't get the confirmed delivery day from FedEx.
    pete12string knows about it...I saw that he was looking at it too, but didn't pull the trigger.

After all the amps I've gotten and already had...I realized that I wanted a grab-n-go combo that could do the classic British Rock stuff, as I already have 3 combos that do the American tones.
    That's why I said if that CA 67-18 wasn't an EL84 amp, and more like the 67-50, but in a combo...I would have grabbed it at that price.
    There was/is also an older OD2 combo on Reverb...but I wanted something a bit different, I mean, with all the CA amps I already have, plus one coming...I just thought it would be nice to add a few other flavors too.

8. saltydogg

Congrats on the LE! I’ve owned a number of them over the years, including the BBB. Very loud, like all of Lou’s designs. Built for the stage, as they say. I don’t recall the BBB having a Master Volume(?) but it’s been a long time.

Enjoy it!

9. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Silver Supporting Member

Is this in the wrong thread? There are a couple LE threads out there...

cherrysunburst00 likes this.
  10. saltydogg

Miro posted above about his new LE amp that he is expecting later this week.

11. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Silver Supporting Member

Yep I should have put it in his post, sorry I been chasing tone today and my head is spinning in a good way :)

12. saltydogg

Yeah I’ll bet you’re busy DiPa, cause I know you have plenty of tone to chase! :D

DiPa likes this.
  13. pete12string

pete12string Supporting Member

Well, you guys are a bad influence... That 67-18C on Reverb has been paid for and will soon be on its way to me.

14. eigentone

eigentone Supporting Member

Ya'dun'reeel good. :aok

cherrysunburst00 and Miroslav L like this.
  15. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

:p

We got another one! :D

So you should reconsider the OD2r sale now...keep them both, start a family. :)

16. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

Nope...no MV...live big and bold! :)

The 67-50 has none, and at first I thought it would be a problem, but no.
    Yeah, it would be a nice addition for flexibility sake...but in the case of the LE, I don't think it will be needed if I use it for any live stuff, and I'm sure it can be dealt with by adding some pedals.
    The guy who sold it was using it for gigs, so I'm sure it will be fine...like you say, built for the stage.

17. eigentone

eigentone Supporting Member

Clips or it didn't happen. :waiting

:clips

:p Happy Incoming NAD! Hope this is all you hoped it would be.

18. saltydogg

Congrats Pete...somebody *had* to do it, and it may as well be you! You did the right thing, imo. I’m stoked.

If it doesn’t work out for ya, drop me a line! :)

pete12string and eigentone like this.
  19. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

Yeah, for sure. It was almost sinful watching that amp sitting there, begging to be bought.
    Someone had to step up. Way to go, Pete.
    I filled my quota already...I didn't want to be piggish. ;)

20. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Supporting Member

:nono

Truth to that, but it feels like bad form to mention another make in this GLORIOUS C.A. thread

pete12string likes this.