Carol Ann Amps - Thread XVII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stratovarius, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

Exactly.

2. In Absentia

In Absentia Supporting Member

I’ll not, thank you. And yep, believe it or not (I don’t care), I was contacted about other folks’ issues because we were chewing the same dirt. But 79 days to fix a pot that takes 10 minutes tops and then spend the next 79 days lying about it, yep it’s a problem for me. If Alan would have said that he was backed up, and it would be longer, that would have been fine. But the lies were the problem for me.

If those folks that PMd me don’t want to air their complaints, well who could blame them? Your attitude here is exactly what they are trying to avoid. The difference between them and me is I don’t care about how you see me, or anyone else for that matter.

You are completely overlooking that Alan’s own dealer has paid for an amp that was never received. I get it, you dig the amps. I do too. My Triptik 2 was a killer amp. Truly. But it just made me sick to look at, knowing what I know about how things went down.

teveinsene and pete12string like this.
  3. In Absentia

Would you have preferred a “Don’t but from Carol-Ann Amps thread “?

4. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Silver Supporting Member

What’s that? Sorry I don’t understand your response.,,

5. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Alan is moving from a full business to a small on the side full custom amp business. I think its been a difficult transition. Especially what expectations he gives to customers. I agree he needs to square that away quick.

I ordered a Koll approx 2.5 years ago. And I've had 5 other guitars from him. Honestly, only 1 was on time. Some builders over promise sometimes. Its alright with me because everything I've ever waited for has been more than worth the wait. All my custom gear I will never sell - while I'm alive anyway.

That orange custom 67-50H in my avatar was about 2 months late. But he was still cool and the amp is one of the best, if not the best I've ever had. Try to give Alan some wide birth to get caught up and give realistic expectations.

DiPa and Miroslav L like this.
  6. In Absentia

You were saying that all of these comments were bringing the thread down. I’m asking if it would have been better to start a new thread with the aforementioned thread title.

7. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

Oh really...so people have complaints, but they won't post them because of me? :facepalm
    Maybe you're missing the real reason...maybe some people don't think that THIS is the place to air individual complaints.
    Oh...and I don't care that you don't care. There, now we're even on that score. :rolleyes:

And what do you REALLY know? There's always two sides to every story...and since you are impersonating a lawyer here, you should know that.
    I also know some of the behind the scenes "dealer" stuff...and I'm not sold yet on who did what exactly.
    TBH, having a dealer come into this thread to vent, is kinda weird....but hey, it's an open, public thread.

So while CA was in business...everyone was happily "suffering" through endless issues and complaints, but now it's time to let it all out and pile on, even if you have nothing to do with CA amps anymore...?

Well, I guess my presence and defense of Alan isn't keeping people away as much as you imply...rather it seems people who have no business with CA amps are now piling on...talking about past history and using that to argue present day points, which TBH will only sour things that much more for the handful of people who ARE still patiently waiting on Alan to fulfill his final orders. Yeah, you really are making a "positive" difference. Thanks for your effort.

8. In Absentia

Sorry not sorry that this is so upsetting to you. Your investment in CA and Alan is confusing. Your attitude is an example of exactly why folks have not mentioned anything in this thread. Because you are such a fanatic about the brand, that you are defending Alan without knowing the details of what has gone down. You can’t see, or refuse to see, the issues that have occurred. That’s on you. Your assertion that the complaints have no merit because they happened in the past is patently ridiculous. And they are ongoing issues, not just past issues. But, please, don’t get up from your Altar of Alan on my account. Some folks are happy being ignorant of the issues, and nothing I can say is gonna take those blinders off your eyes.

9. davidespinosa

davidespinosa Supporting Member

10. DiPa

Oh
    Oh I see, sorry I missed your meaning initially. You know I am sorry you and a couple guys went through those issues, I am a player as well and would not want that to happen to anyone. But I thought Alan has addressed each and everyone, has not closed everything yet is clear, but is working slowly through each one. So instead of dragging the beautiful CA thread and amps down, I was saying that why not do this privately, it’s been made public here, so folk know about it, but maybe it’s now time to continue privately, that’s all.

Miroslav L likes this.
  11. davidespinosa

davidespinosa Supporting Member

Alan seems like a stand-up, hard-working guy.
    He's made it clear that he intends to deliver everything eventually.

You're welcome to post a list of stuff that he owes people.
    Then he can deliver stuff, you can check it off the list, and everybody can calm down.

Nobody needs melodrama -- people just need stuff that's been paid for.
    And @Carol-AnnAmps -- if you want to cancel unpaid items, or refund money, you can do that.
    There's no point in your building anything that you don't want to build.

My interest: I think Alan is one of the good guys, and I'd like to see him happily building amps, even if it's just a couple a year.

12. Mikeroesoft

Mikeroesoft Silver Supporting Member

My experiences with Alan sometimes lacked communication. I don’t think leaving people hanging is cool in any way shape or form. So I’m not here to condone that. I say this without trying to sound like a jerk, but it sounds like you were contacting him every day looking for an update....how would you expect him to get anything done? You had other people contact him on your behalf?

Exiled_On_Main_St and Miroslav L like this.
  13. In Absentia

I did not contact him everyday or anywhere near it. I contacted him a handful of times. Once the first week just to make sure he got the amp. Then, a month later. Then, someone contacted Alan without my direction via Facebook. Then, a few times after that.

EDIT: I sent Alan 3 e-mails, 1 Facebook Message, and 3 phone calls over 3 months. He was contacted by a friend once.

Mikeroesoft and pete12string like this.
  14. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

Upsetting to me...? :D
    You're that one who no longer owns any CA amps, that is doing all the whining here...the one who got so upset over a 3-month wait, that he decided to sell off his CA amps even while all the time saying how great they are. :facepalm
    Now THAT's what I call upset.

This thing about customer service...do you expect it to be for your lifetime when you buy something?
    What about the great amp builders who have passed away...why do people still lust after and buy their amps when there is ZERO chance of customer service?
    Selling off what you consider are great amps because of a 3 month wait, and/or some fear that they would lose value, or who would service them 5-10 years down to road...is kinda paranoid, but hey, I guess when you are upset enough, you do those things.

AFA knowing details...you must have a crystal ball, because I think you THINK you know all the details, but really, you're just cherry picking those that fit your upset state of mind.

Now excuse me while I go light a candle at my altar...because I am quite fanatical about CA amps and will hold onto to them no matter what, since they fulfilled a long-time quest. I'm certainly not going to sell them off just because I'm still waiting on one more CA amp to be built.

15. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

I offered Alan the option of NOT building my OD3 Ultra, if it was going to be burden to him.
    I know a couple of other people were saying they would be OK with backing out of their orders.
    Alan asked that people stick it out and eventually he was going to make good.

I'm giving him that opportunity. I'm not sitting on the edge of my chair because I just gotta have that Ultra right away...etc. I have plenty of amps to play with, so whenever it comes, it will be good.
    Alan can still choose to ask me not have to build the amp if it's too much of a burden...and I wouldn't get upset about it. I don't want it to be a forced thing...and he knows that.

16. pete12string

pete12string Supporting Member

17. In Absentia

You’re *******ed right I was upset. ****** customer service has that effect on him. Don’t turn your self-righteous indignation on me because you like the way his boots taste. You’re butthurt because someone doesn’t love your favorite amps.

How long did I expect my customer service? I’d say the year warranty period was about what I expected. But I didn’t receive good customer service. Sorry that burst your bubble. It wasn’t the three month wait; it was 3 months of outright lies. I didn’t expect anything outside of my warranty period. I traded the amp to a guy that was concerned over Alan’s BS. I told him that it was outside of warranty, so lucky for him, he didn’t have to deal with Alan’s BS. Amp was a great amp. Truly.

It’s truly laughable you think you know what I’m talking about concerning Alan’s BS lies (unless you’re Alan’s buddy and he feeds you this BS personally). I’ve got pages of PMs, but it is against forum rules to post them.

I have a feeling you’ll never see your amp. Enjoy your CA amps. I’m sure your tone will be great. But I have more integrity than to be a bootlicker for a defunct and dying amp brand.

18. In Absentia

LOL!

pete12string likes this.
  19. DiPa

I believe @In Absentia had a very bad experience, and we should acknowledge that, not resist him, I think Alan is the one who has to reach out to him and apologize cause sounds like this ain’t going away, but hopefully this ends up into a private conversation. Man I love my 2 CA amps and just wish I had gotten to the 78-50H earlier and bought it.

Tone Loco, In Absentia and jsboswell like this.
  20. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

You REALLY think that would bother me? :D
    Of course...you've already admitted that you loved the CA amps and stated how great they were...so nothing there for me to even be butt hurt about.
    Check your butt...'cuz you're still crying about something that happened awhile ago...and you no longer even have any CA amps to be so "concerned" about.

So first I was the "white knight"...and now I'm the "bootlicker". :p
    Well...I know when someone resorts to name calling, they've already lost the argument.