Carol-Ann Triptik 2 Rock Amp Released

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Carol-AnnAmps, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Carol-AnnAmps

Carol-AnnAmps Gold Supporting Member

Triptik 2 has arrived !!
    The Absolute Ultimate Rock Amplifier that uses a gain staging arrangement never seen before in a rock amp !! You've been told super high gain comes with high noise levels.......This amp will dispel that myth once and for all !!!
    LP Model can run EL34/6L6/KT77 for 50W or 6V6 for 18W
    HP Model can run EL34/6L6/KT77 for 100W or KT/88/6550 for 130W
    6 x Preamp Tubes (5x12AX7, 1xNOS 12AU7)
    Beautiful Clean Channel that can go from crystal clean to a little bit crunchy with a parallel triode input stage for super low noise floor and tons of headroom.
    OD Channels can be scaled from a blues monster to a classic rock legend to an all out modern fire breather with ultra tight low end.
    Can be dialed in for super smooth to very aggressive.
    Separate Input Level Controls for Clean and Overdrive
    3 Channels + Lead Master
    Switchable Tube Buffered Efx Loop using NOS 12AU7
    4 Button Foot controller (5 Optional) uses standard 3 Pin XLR cable
    MI-01 MIDI Interface compatible
    Full Autobias and tube monitoring system
    EL34's stock but player can select different tube types through an internal switch and the Autobias will take care of the rest.
    Front Panel Channel Switch and Tri-Color LED for when the foot controller is not connected.
    As always all hand built by me, Alan Phillips, the Designer and Company owner.
    The first few are shipping to The Amp House, Austin Guitar House, Humbucker Music, Peach Guitars (UK), Lark Guitars.

Regards, Alan Phillips.

2. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

Oh man! :bow

Available in purple?

3. Carol-AnnAmps

Can be ordered that way !

enharmonic likes this.
  4. Steve E. Boy

Steve E. Boy Member

5. Steve E. Boy

Steve E. Boy Member

I bought the first one made. It's a low-power model, I think it's 400 volts on the plates.
    The thing will run EL 34, 6L6, and 6V6 power tubes. And it has the Auto Bias.
    I LOVE this amp!
    I have a Trip R, OD3r, Tucana 3, and now this.
    They all have a wonderful clean sound, and in the distortion, a beautiful, relaxed midrange that spits and snarls without being hard or harsh.
    The Triptik 2 does this as well. And the Auto Bias is really great!
    I installed Siemens EL 34s, followed the instructions, and presto! Perfect bias with no tools or brain cells lost.
    I wish other manufacturers had this sort of feature. It makes tuning the amp and playing around with different tubes MUCH easier.
    Nice to see a guy who knows his business, is practical, and is THINKING!!

Carol-AnnAmps likes this.
  6. Brenna23

Brenna23 Member

What is the difference between the triptik and the triptik2?

7. Carol-AnnAmps

Revoiced all channels. More gain range and variation of OD color. Channel B and C are identical with no voicing differences. Has an extra two 12AX7s. Has Autobias circuit. LP can run EL34/6L6 for 50W or 6V6 for 20W, HP can run EL34/6L6 for 100W, KT88 for 130W.
    Has separate input level controls for clean and OD channels. Has a different looking cab and logo. Uses 4 Button Foot controller , but the 5 Button with the switchable loop will also work.

8. Frank cruz

Frank cruz Member

I was considering one of these two amps and was hoping you could give me your take on them since you have both. I want an amazing clean and I want that searing Blues tone I guess like what Gary Moore gets. And I love modern High Gain and I was wondering if there's really much of a difference between the two. As I love modern metal and I've heard Clips where they both seem to get there but on the website the triptik 2 has an ideal for modern metal whereas the tucana 3 is an okay rating for modern metal.thx FC

9. Carol-AnnAmps

This is an older thread you pulled up. Thats OK.
    The amp for modern metal is the Triptik 2. It can pretty much cover anything, but it has an extended gain range and a tighter low end. There is a fair bit of overlap between the two models, but if you tend to play more higher gain stuff, this is the amp for you.
    The Triptik is now available with a dual loop as an option too. It automatically switches between two loops , one for clean, one for OD. THere is a switch on the back that allows you to still use Loop 1 for all channels like the standard version.
    The amp comes with the new loop and the updated silent switching system.

Frank cruz likes this.
  10. Frank cruz

Frank cruz Member

Thanks AP but how does it do at low bedroom levels as I live in this New York City Apartment. Is it still the same tonally as the original triptik

11. Carol-AnnAmps

You can cover everything the original could do, but now theres a lot more range. Has more gain range, a little more compression on the higher gain settings, but not muddy. Has 6 preamp tubes, not 4. The fiorst stage uses a parallel triode for ultra low noise and excellent pedal compatibility and noise rejection. Input gain controls allow you to 'scale' the gain range to suit the material you play.
    Still has the same mid range character, the high and low ends have been extended a little more so you can get more range from the tone controls. The Clean channel is completely re-done. One of the sweetest in the entire range.
    You can def. run it at low volumes without an issue. The new loop gives you much more range on the back control to get it to the levels you require. You can actually fit it with 6V6 tubes if you want to bring the power down. Just an internal switch setting on the autobias board.

Frank cruz, Edge and tritone 6 like this.
  12. Edge

Edge Member

Dam, I have tucana 3, which I love . Can’t stop thinking about triptik2 LP .I’m close have half saved up . The auto bias,different tubes types ,sounds great with lots of tone possibilities. Ok I have a one track mind, just ask my wife;)

Carol-AnnAmps and Frank cruz like this.