Carol Ann Triptik.....what speakers/cab??

StudioRat320

I just placed an order for a Quad of 16ohm creambacks. I should have them by the end of the month. If the amp gets here before then, I have the Hiwatt cab and a 1960B with 75's to try with it.

Wish me luck.....

jimpridx

Silver Supporting Member
Another option is to use 1 EVM12L with your other speakers.

The EV will add low end depth of tone and a very healthy growl when pushed.

Here's the Reeves OS 2X12 with 1 EVM12L & 1 Fane Medusa 150-C
Yeah, I found the EV/Medusa 150-C to be another nice blend of speakers that worked quite well with the Triptik. Although, once I started using the Creambacks, that was it!

jimpridx

Silver Supporting Member
I just placed an order for a Quad of 16ohm creambacks. I should have them by the end of the month. If the amp gets here before then, I have the Hiwatt cab and a 1960B with 75's to try with it.

Wish me luck.....
Good luck!.....LOL. I think you're going to love the sound of those in a 4x12 with the Triptik! That's going to be some serious 'bidness,' man!

Carol-AnnAmps

Sweet! I really want that amp, but hears that it didn't play well with a lot of speakers.
Not true for the Triptik / Trip-R family.

My fave 4x12 has two old original Greenbacks and two V30's in a diagonal pattern.

Lot of people are liking the Creamback including some of our Dealers, but I have yet to try it.

FFTT

You wanted to know how the Fanes sound with more aggressive tones.
Found this demo too.

The Studio 12L is essentially Fane's version of an EVM12L

flcmcya

Silver Supporting Member
Ran my Tripr wide open with M75's....very nice......thinking slipping two Creambacks in there with the Scummies might be the icing....;)

rburkard

Platinum Supporting Member
I really like the KTS 70 with the Triptik but just recently warmed up to the Creambacks. They give a little more raunch and dirt and sound lovely with this amp.
Rene

FFTT

I can see why some players like the Cream Backs, at least on retail price @$159.00 ea.
Manufactured in U.K. or China???
The back sticker does not say in the photos I'm seeing.
Specs wise looks close to a Scumback 12M75 HP 65 watter.

Steve Snider

Silver Supporting Member
I can see why some players like the Cream Backs, at least on retail price @$159.00 ea.
Rick from Celestion has said UK on the Creambacks

StudioRat320

You wanted to know how the Fanes sound with more aggressive tones.
Found this demo too.

The Studio 12L is essentially Fane's version of an EVM12L

I really liked the clean sound. The tele had a nice spank, but also low end that I love.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get into the dirty tones. I just don't like the way PRS guitars sound (or play). The Orange amp isn't at the top of my list either.

I have a Hiwatt cab with original Fanes that I'm gonna try with the Triptik until the Creambacks arrive. Should be interesting.

jimpridx

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Hiwatt cab with original Fanes that I'm gonna try with the Triptik until the Creambacks arrive. Should be interesting.
I have a hunch that you'll find the Hiwatt/Fane cab to be to your liking with the Triptik.

FFTT

After all this, I misunderstood that you only had a Hiwatt Cab and thought you meant
it was unloaded. By all means Hiwatt Cab with original Fanes should be spectacular.

rocketeer

Mine says Made in England.

FFTT

I have a 2001 Fane Axiom 12-75 in my '64 Reverberocket.

Great speaker for tight low end and crisp detail with lower powered amps.
Not as tight as the Medusa 150-C, closer to the Medusa 100.

Old clip, camera mic only

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Silver Supporting Member
.... In a vertical 2x12 solid-back cab .... have found that the combination of the KTS-70 and the Creamback to be the best for my purposes. I found this combo really lets the clean channel shine, and the overdrive is thick and dynamic, with mad sustain. Very inspiring. ....
Out of curiosity, which speaker did you have on the top/bottom, and why? Thanks for all the great info in your post, btw...

To all, I've been thinking about trying a Blackhawk HP and Reaper HP in a vertical 2x12 cab. Which would you put on the top/bottom and why?

Thanks!

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
Out of curiosity, which speaker did you have on the top/bottom, and why? Thanks for all the great info in your post, btw...

To all, I've been thinking about trying a Blackhawk HP and Reaper HP in a vertical 2x12 cab. Which would you put on the top/bottom and why?

Thanks!
Creamback on the bottom, as I think it has a better bass-response. The "sparkle" of the KTS70 on top.

I've never used the Blackhawk or Reaper, but I generally keep the bassier speaker on the bottom....

No right or wrong here, just using my ears.

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Silver Supporting Member
Creamback on the bottom, as I think it has a better bass-response. The "sparkle" of the KTS70 on top.

I've never used the Blackhawk or Reaper, but I generally keep the bassier speaker on the bottom....

No right or wrong here, just using my ears.
Thank you sir. This is pretty much the way I set it up also, but it's always good to hear other views.