Carol Ann Triptik.....what speakers/cab??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by StudioRat320, Feb 8, 2013.

1. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

A pair of Creambacks is also a nice match for the Trip, but IMHO (H for humble) the cleans are richer and "deeper" with the KTS70. And, using double-CB's there is something in the upper frequencies (using the clean channel) that translates funny with my rig. Like the single notes start to breakup sooner and lose sustain, but only in the upper registers.

The overdrive channels sound fantastic with double-creams, but to get the best of both the clean channel and the overdrive channels, I felt the KTS70/CB suited me best.

Do any of you Trip users ever DIME (or close) the treble on the overdrive channels? I find that the treble knob "seems" to add that "Marshall Crunch" thing pretty well (with humbuckers). Dial it back for the smoother tones.

2. blownirocz

blownirocz Suppoutin' Memba Since Dem Oud Dayz...

It's funny you mention that salty. I just started turning up the treble on the OD channel to about 1:30-2:00. Totally got me the tone I've been missing. I think I turned the treble down when I was trying different speakers that it seemed spikey with, but never turned it back up when I found the right speaker combination. Wow!

3. jguitarslim

jguitarslim Silver Supporting Member

Reviving an old thread. Which Creambacks did you guys try/like( ie. 65 vs. 75)?

4. jimpridx

jimpridx Supporting Member

It's really about preference. I like the 65s myself, but you may just have to try both. I'm quite sure that both will work quite well with a Triptik.

5. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

I've got a 2x12 cab with a pair of G12T-75s, and whilst I like it, I think it sounds quite 'dark'.

Not sure if this is because the speakers are still fairly new and need to be broken in more, or whether it is a natural characteristic of this speaker.

Would switching to G12-H75s or G12-M65s brighten up the tone a little?

6. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

I've also tried a Creamback M, and a V30 in a vertical 2x12 and thought it sounded good.

7. jitsnbizness

jitsnbizness Member

Lynchbacks work really well with Alan's amps. His favorites are the Scholz Classics- if you can find them.