Caroline Kilobyte question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GloryJones, Apr 23, 2015.

1. GloryJones

GloryJones Supporting Member

I just discovered the Caroline Kilobyte and I'm loving the idea of the Havoc momentary switch.

My question:

Is there any single pedal that does what the Havoc switch does? I love my Memory Lane Jr. (tap tempo is essential for me) and I would love the ability to have a momentary switch that performs like that. Any builders out there making something similar?

2. technicoloraudio

technicoloraudio Supporting Member

Like expression pedal control over feedback? Or more so a momentary switch that sends a max value to the feedback control? Or a different delay pedal entirely? The endangered audio ad4096 has runaway feedback, or you can save yourself a lot of trouble and just get a kilobyte because they're awesome.

3. GloryJones

GloryJones Supporting Member

A momentary switch that sends a max value to the feedback control. I'm guessing the only way to do this while also keeping my current setup would be to mod my delay pedal, which probably won't happen.

I'd grab a Kilobyte if I had the real estate, but sadly I do not. Thanks for the response.

4. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

Surprisingly enough I haven't seen any add-on switches/pedals that do this but it should be very easy assuming your delay pedal's expression input controls feedback. Basically you'd just wire a momentary switch to a pot w/ the value maximized... like stepping on an expression pedal at the toe down level.

Edit: Totally agreed on buying a Kilobyte, I love mine

5. earwax

earwax Member

Is it similar to the twist function on the Boss RE-20?